Hunting with guns.

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by hansvonhealing, Oct 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This thread is for everyone interesting in the honourable tradition of hunting with guns.

To start, how NOT to hunt lion.. http://www.insaneclips.com/lionhuntingvideo.php

Extra points for anyone who can list what the 'hunter' did wrong(apart from survive).

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

What a tool!
    This is what I like:
    [​IMG][/img]

Finally ending up like this! Now as much as I would like to try I prefer my targets not to shoot back or even bite!
    [​IMG][/img]
    Maybe the odd wrestling match!
    [​IMG][/img]

3. Where did you pot that Ugly? Also, details of the rifle please.......

4. ooh, nice Roe buck - decent head on it, what did is score up as?

5. There is nothing cool about hunting with rifles; real shame that lion didn't rip the tossers head off. If you feel the need to kill animals to make yourself feel like a man, then maybe you should fork some money out for a penis extension, obviously you're trying to compensate for something.

6. Oh ho, we've got the animal-libbers in...Prepare for fun - what would you suggest, a .318 with softnose?
    Have you noticed that these 'creatures' always make sexual references to hunters, wonder why they're so fond of animals???

7. I've seen that clip on www.nitroexpress.com where there was some suggestion that this was a canned hunt, which is both unethical and illegal. If it wasn't a canned hunt, then the lion would have been on license, meaning some some one in the game department in South Africa had to agree to it being shot.

I take it you are a vegan, then Tsar?

8. Nope, not a vegan. I don't see anything cool about killing an animal and sticking its head on the wall for 'fun'. It's a sick bloody, ahem, 'sport' and it's very, very sad. Those four guys with guns against one lion...and being a group of total idiots about it too, what is so excellent about that! Definitly compensating for something, most likely a small penis and a small brain.

9. He's gone 'sexual' again....bet he hunts for hampsters.

10. Sigh! Idiot hunters

11. Tsar Nik...

I don't see anything cool about killing an animal and sticking its head on the wall for 'fun'.

If its going to be shot anyway - and by that I mean a planned organised cull for the benefit of the overall population, which pretty much all scientific groups agree is the best means of population management, and completley necessary way of enhancing animal health...

then why shouldnt someone have fun killing it? why is enjoyment of the kill (which is clean and humane - clear guidelines and legal standards) any more immoral than enjoyment of the end product - and by that I mean eating the meat?

most of the conservation work and related projects in UK upland forests are paid for directly through deer stalking revenues - a sustainable cull of wild animals, producing clean green nuclear free meat, with direct benefits for the rest of that wild population.

do you actually know anything about cervidae population dynamics? know anything about wild deer management - NO -you see a picture of a dead animal and scream murder, then go away to your happy little prepackaged packed of clingfilm wrapped red stuff from Tesco's and fail to link the two things

You sir, talk from your arse!

12. Do you mean; "you've never tried hunting but decided that you don't like it, therefore all hunters are idiots." :roll:

13. Good post Labrat. Neatly summed just about everything I was thinking.

14. I suppose we've had several generations of people whose only experience of wild animals is anthropomorphic animations a la Disney, and whose food is so processed it bears no resemblance to the plant or animal from which it was carved. So we shouldn't be too surprised at Tsar. I'm reminded of those who wear lots of leather but scream about the wearing of fur.

15. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

"wear lots of leather but scream about the wearing of fur."

Nothing wrong with wearing lots of leather, and screaming, but that's probably a bit off-topic. Fur can be quite fun too, and it's got to come from somewhere.