Hunting Lions, Donkeys, and Dinosaurs.

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Lost_Boy, Oct 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Odd request from a newb: Does anyone know if the author of the superb 'Lions, Donkeys, and Dinosaurs', an ex-Navy bloke, haunts ARRSE at all?
  2. I hope not - he's an embittered fool who knows very little, yet the press laud him as an "expert".

That book felt like a primary school level pile of emotional BS.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

4. Cheers.
  5. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Exept he was talking big hairy round ones. Sensationist claptrap
  6. Really?! This vitriol surprises me, his book has been of singular service to the Armed Forces - are the detractors on this thread working for the MOD? Have you all got nice BAE non exec billets?

You may be able to quibble on detail - I found a few errors that should not have been in it but the gist was good and the publication very timely indeed. Do remember that until this book the elecorate had no reference point as to why MoD procurment is SO bent and incompetant.
  7. I believe all of the service personnel who use this site are employees of the MoD but I can't see what that has to do with it.

All Lewis Page managed to do with his incredibly badly researched book was drive a wedge between the services in the minds of those still ignorant enough to think in purely single service ways.

Why the hell should any right-minded person take the word of an ex-RN junior warfare officer on the subject of Army or RAF matters and much the same, why the hell would anyone take the word of someone like Tim Collins on RN and RAF matters? At least ex-RAF pilot John Nicholl normally keeps his mouth shut about infantry matters because otherwise we'd have the full house of out-of-depth military commentators.
  8. But TheHelpfulStacker inservice rivalry aside what about its effect on awareness for the Public - the only people who can actually force Politicos to improve Service conditions? Or are there no problems with the way MoD money is spent?