Hunted - just how hard is it to go on the run?

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Last nights programme was interesting, the ex cops wife had her bloody mobile switched on !!!!
of course he panicked, when he should have just climbed up a tree and stayed still for the rest of the day
the sparkie and his son seem to be getting along well, the old guy seems quite switched on
I like the chiefs comments we aint going to be and advert for the Masons !

Ive always wondered how much influence script writers have had in the show, coppers wife with the mobile just about proved it. I don't think her opsec would be that bad, I reckon it was fixed.

Although there is a disclaimer at the start, I wonder what rules are enforced that we know nothing about.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive always wondered how much influence script writers have had in the show, coppers wife with the mobile just about proved it. I don't think her opsec would be that bad, I reckon it was fixed.

Although there is a disclaimer at the start, I wonder what rules are enforced that we know nothing about.
I would think that the contestants are picked by the Shrinks, to give a varied mix, and to prevent too many SF types winning it

How hard could it be, if the programme was genuine and they had to locate and track with only a start point, then surely once out of CCTV coverage and with no electronic devices with you one could quite effectively 'disappear' . Some bloke with a canoe did it for years just across the river from me only got caught because he got greedy for the insurance payout.
The programme is obviously scripted for drama as they know where the fugitives will be or going to and have to stay within a set of defined rules. If one of them genuinely disappeared for an extended period then it would be rather boring.

The obvious next show must be going on the run with the runs.

Contestants given a rancid prawn vindaloo that's been defrosted eight times, left on a radiator for 48 hours, and let loose to find a bog, literally let loose.

How hard could it be, if the programme was genuine and they had to locate and track with only a start point, then surely once out of CCTV coverage and with no electronic devices with you one could quite effectively 'disappear' . Some bloke with a canoe did it for years just across the river from me only got caught because he got greedy for the insurance payout.
The programme is obviously scripted for drama as they know where the fugitives will be or going to and have to stay within a set of defined rules. If one of them genuinely disappeared for an extended period then it would be rather boring.
The programme winds me up. The hunter force are given powers which assume access to every single CCTV camera in the entire county on a live feed and friends and relatives of the hunted seem compelled to answer their every question.
Then there’s the stupidity of the contestants- you’d think they’d have watched the previous series to get some clues on dos and don’ts. There was one bloke on the run with his son and you could see he felt ever so clever because he’d equipped himself with a “burner” phone... then he went and called his home number. WTF?
I guess it has to be a bit contrived to stop contestants just holing up in a pre-prepared bolthole with a big cache of supplies. But the contrivances make it a farce.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Stick people in front of a TV camera and they get very talkative
lots of the CCTV is actually filmed at the time and posted later, as they cant get real time access or feeds legally
watch when the bloke goes to the cash point its got a go pro stuck on the front

I would think that the contestants are picked by the Shrinks, to give a varied mix, and to prevent too many SF types winning it
SF types? Silly F**kers you mean? Thought they tried to keep real nutters out and relied on a quota of silly sods for entertainment. Good that the bloke with Aspergers and his dad are winding the search team up, :)

Last edited:
I actually applied for this series. I enjoy the show and discovered it was due to be filmed at a period when i was on POTL, so had time to burn.

The application form goes into great lebgth wanting to know about prior military and police experience, and also your plans on hlw you intend to survive.

I got nowhere, unsurprisingly, but apparently they do reimburse salary costs if you take a week or four off to do it.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The programme winds me up. The hunter force are given powers which assume access to every single CCTV camera in the entire county on a live feed and friends and relatives of the hunted seem compelled to answer their every question.
Then there’s the stupidity of the contestants- you’d think they’d have watched the previous series to get some clues on dos and don’ts. There was one bloke on the run with his son and you could see he felt ever so clever because he’d equipped himself with a “burner” phone... then he went and called his home number. WTF?
I guess it has to be a bit contrived to stop contestants just holing up in a pre-prepared bolthole with a big cache of supplies. But the contrivances make it a farce.
I seem to recall there's a rule that you have to move every 2 maybe 3 days.

I actually applied for this series. I enjoy the show and discovered it was due to be filmed at a period when i was on POTL, so had time to burn.

The application form goes into great lebgth wanting to know about prior military and police experience, and also your plans on hlw you intend to survive.

I got nowhere, unsurprisingly, but apparently they do reimburse salary costs if you take a week or four off to do it.
You didn't by any chance tell them you planned to wear a burka?

Volunteers required!

Channel 4’s Hunted is looking for ‘fugitives’!

Have you ever wondered if you’ve got what it takes to disappear and go on the run, testing your wits to evade capture from some of the best hunters on the planet?

The series will follow a number of volunteers as they try to go off grid and become a fugitive in the UK.
Shine TV are looking for men and women ‘fugitives’ of all ages to try and evade capture from a team of expert trackers.

They are looking for people from a variety of backgrounds and professions who think they have what it takes to disappear in 21st century Britain.

They could be going it alone or with friends, family or colleagues.

Perhaps you fancy your chances by going it alone, or maybe you’d like to escape with your family, friends or colleagues.

A prize of £100,000 will be shared equally between the fugitives who successfully evade capture.

To apply, please go to: www.huntedapplications.com
Closing date: Monday 12th March 2018.

Shine TV will cover reasonable pre-agreed loss of earnings for everyone who participates.

You must be 18+ in order to apply to take part in the series. All information will be treated confidentially and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

Volunteers required!

Channel 4’s Hunted is looking for ‘fugitives’!

Have you ever wondered if you’ve got what it takes to disappear and go on the run, testing your wits to evade capture from some of the best hunters on the planet?
I wondered about the merits of a spin on this with applications from suitable candidates for int cell and hunter force. For example Amber Rudd with Derek Acorah and his spirit guide Sam. Edited to add, now that @ACAB is out, him and his missus could run a pursuit vehicle for hunter force.

Last edited:
I wondered about the merits of a spin on this with applications from suitable candidates for int cell and hunter force. For example Amber Rudd with Derek Acorah and his spirit guide Sam. Edited to add, now that @ACAB is out, him and his missus could run a pursuit vehicle for hunter force.
"Run", or "ruin"?

I seem to remember a mid-1990s Channel 4 documentary where they got a couple of volunteers to completely disappear.

The tradecraft was pretty good, including one lad who went the full "Day of the Jackal" created a complete legend and then got a new identity passport and took an international flight.

I have always thought that getting a bank account from scratch is probably more difficult than a passport, which is not reassuring.

Anyway, given my other half is fed up of me treating a visit to Asda like a high risk meet from a Bourne film I imagine I am too paranoid for the show.