Hunt for Afghan soldier who turned on Britions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by London_native, Jul 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope they find him... Though for his own good it might be best if he disappears before they do. I presume he won't be met with the best of welcomes.
  2. It might have been a good idea not to tell him they are coming?

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Bloody hell!

I got the news yesterday, but I hadn't realised that it was a targeted assassination,
    I just thought that it was similar to the ANP rogues. Going for the OC turns it into a totally different ball game.
  4. it just makes you think who will be next!
    higher the rank the more they will pay!
    how the hell do you seperate them so no high ranking officers are targetted!?
  5. This will cause a lot of natural Paranoia among the troops, always looking over their shoulders. never knowing if you can trust the afghan soldiers with you, this is probably what the Taliban want. create tension and paranoia among your enemy.

I'm Spartacus and so my wife.
  6. He's probably praying to Allah that he's not captured by the Gurkha unit.
  7. The names of the three blokes killed have been released.

Tributes have been paid to the three British troops killed by a rogue Afghan soldier.

Major James Joshua Bowman, Lieutenant Neal Turkington and Corporal Arjun Purja Pun, all of 1st Battalion The Royal Gurkha Rifles, died in the attack on a base in Helmand Province, southern Afghanistan, on Tuesday morning.
    They were serving as part of Combined Force Nahr-e Saraj (South), and were killed in what the Ministry of Defence suspects was a premeditated attack by a member of the Afghan National Army.

British Troops Killed By Afghan Soldier Are James Bowman, Neal Turkington, Arjun Purja Pun | UK News | Sky News
  8. It seems to me the target of this operation was to create terror and suspicion amongst British troops about the Afghan allies. This is what it is most important to guard against.
  9. God only knows how to manage this situation but paranoia etc. is a realistic threat as a result of this horrendous episode.

That said, management and progress is required. A test of leadership for the hierarchy and a challenge for everyone on the ground. Divide and rule works. We know this. So, apparently, do the Taleban. Much work to be done but failure to do so will result in more casualties.
  10. Yeah they would all end up in court while the murdering scrote gets compo, for breaches of his human rights.R.I.P. Three good men lost for a country whose people don't give a toss, and will quite quickly return to the way they were once we are gone, bit like ballymurphy and the ardoyne really!!

11. Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs.
    Hopefully his nads will be attacked by all of the company's kukuris.
  12. Take their weapons and ammo as soon as you get back into the FOB. Reissue prior to resuming patrol. If the FOB gets bumped (rare) then tough shit, it's each for their own. If they winge, remind them why you're doing it. If they winge again, send em back to Terry's shack.
  13. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

So please explain this "mentoring" thing - I mean teaching Afghans how to fight - what will the next great plan be - heading over to Brazil to teach Brazillian teenagers how to play football?