Hunt follower killed by anti-hunt monitors in Gyrocoptor

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having seen some of these ignorant and self righteous cnuts in "action" (which seems to consist in part of provoking confrontation so they can grab some headlines or generate a prosecution against hunt followers for the same purpose) it was only a matter of time before their antics resulted in human misery.

Hunt follower killed in collision with helicopter 'flown by anti-hunt monitors'

Two men were arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder after a hunt follower was killed by a gyrocopter thought to have been carrying anti-hunt monitors.

"Trevor Morse, 48, is thought to have been decapitated by the blades after approaching the gyrocopter as it prepared to make a refuelling stop at Long Marston airfield near Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire, at around 3pm.

Last night Sam Butler, the joint master of the Warwickshire Hunt, said a similar vehicle had been spotted tracking and harassing several hunts in the area over the past two or three weeks.

He said that hunt officials had contacted the Civil Aviation Authority last week to complain about the dangerous flying of a gyrocopter, which is thought to have been hired by the anti-blood sports group Protect Our Wild Animals (Powa)."
  2. What next? Foxes with frikkin laser beams on their heads?
  3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

obviously there is more information to come but the key words at the moment seem to me to be
    'after approaching the gyrocopter'.

Not an action I'd take if I wanted to keep my head.
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Digging up bodies; labelling innocent people as paedos; chopping people's heads of with gyrocopters . . . . .

I'd call that terrorism meself. Why are half of these people not in jail for terrorism offences; oh that's right - they have the ear of Labour supporters.
  5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

We should'nt lose our heads over this.
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Why have the pilots been arrested for murder when the aircraft was approached by the huntsman at an airfield? They ran him down with it?

This story doesn't add up.

Makes more sense if we add in that the huntsman had detached himself from the hunt to go to the airfield to confront the ac's pilots. What was he doing at the airfield otherwise?

Time will out. A tragedy any way you look at it.
  7. Am I labouring under the delusion that a gyrocopter requires airspeed for the rotors to turn? I thought they were freewheeling, with no connection to a gearbox, and that the pilot had to reach up and spin the bastards before opening the tap and praying that his glorified fly-mo didn't disintegrate taking off? Perhaps one of our more enlightened posters from Teeny-Weeny Airways might care to enlighten me?

IMU, either the contraption was moving, and the blades were 'windmilling' OR the vegetarian in the front seat swung the blades at him by hand, which I reckon would consitute murder.

Whatever the case, I hope the pinko basteward is the victim of repeated attempts by a 25 stone 7"2' bloke with the mind of a twelve year old to 'have his own children at last....'

**Edited to add: at first sight, I thought this was a re-creation of 'The Helicopter Spies' where T.H.R.U.S.H attempted to assassinate Napoleon Solo and Ilya Kuryakin with sinister black mortar-armed gyrocopters.....
  8. Grownup_Rafbrat

Don't think this story is about either of the first two, but there is obviously more to it than we know now, as the copter had landed to refuel and the person walked towards it.

Why would anyone do that? And as the later poster says, why was he even at the airfield? Were they hunting on an airfield whilst it was in use?

And having had my life, transport and garden disrupted regularly by hunt supporters and protesters, I'd say that they can both be as vile, unpleasant and violent as one another.
  9. so was the gyrocopter trying to take off or land then? :?
  10. Serves you right for having a big garden, you bourgeois cnut...
  11. Not a delusion, the first gyrocopters did require a hand swing, however the more modern ones have the facility to wind up the blades via clutch connection to the motor, this can only be used on the ground as the ac has no tail rotor, using it in the air would be well entertaining
    for those on the ground. :D
  12. Bloke appears to have been filling up with diesel at airfield (as he frequently did) & approached Gyrocopter whilst it was taxiing.

Accident or malicious intent? Time will tell.
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Why thank you. It wasn't that big a garden, and it seemed extremely tiny with a dozen baying hounds rampaging through it. Luckily I was able to get my toddler indoors, before he came to any harm. I suppose you'd say it was his fault had he been savaged like a neighbour's cat was that day?
  14. Why exactly have they arrested the pilot and his passenger on suspicon of murder?

If someone walked onto the runway and got squished by a taxiing 747 do you think they would arrest the crew and the passengers?

Something not right about either the story or more probably the reporting.
  15. Grownup_Rafbrat

There has to be more information which isn't being reported.