Hunger stalks the land...

philc

LE
Well let the good Bishop put his hand in the churches pocket and provide soup kitchens, not like the church cant afford it. He can feed all those Eastern Europeans, illegals and those who really don't have a clue how to balance a budget or cook.

Free food any one? Yes please.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well let the good Bishop put his hand in the churches pocket and provide soup kitchens, not like the church cant afford it. He can feed all those Eastern Europeans, illegals and those who really don't have a clue how to balance a budget or cook.

Many food banks are provided by the Churches. I do a bit of liaison with a local one in a Catholic shed.

Couple of points Bish missed , social security pays more to claimants for living expenses than the MOD spends on a service mans food and secondly the hypercritical t**t should put his hand in his own pocket , the Cof E owns more land in the UK than any other person or organisation.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

That has to qualify as one of the most ill informed posts in a long while.

Google A Girl Called Jack.

Would this be a bishop who sits in the House of Lords and is concerned about the quality of catering?

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
That'll be a first :)
Foodbanks are a good way of distributing food that would otherwise be wasted but lets not kid ourselves; nobody is starving to death in this country.
Just give it a couple of years.

MsG

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
So how come most of the poor and non employed are fat feckers?

Is that only in your own head? The only corpulent one pictured in the story you've linked to is Eric Pickles.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Has anyone ever done a study on how many "poor people" in Britain smoke, drink alcohol, have mobile phones, plasma tv's with a sky contract, regularly eat take aways, go to the cinema etc. etc.

There's poor and there's not being able to manage a budget.

S0I

LE
Many food banks are provided by the Churches. I do a bit of liaison with a local one in a Catholic shed.

I was looking at tinned curry the other day, but at £1.69 a tin, a special offer in ALDI, I thought that was a bit rich, could you sort me out with say half a dozen tins?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I was looking at tinned curry the other day, but at £1.69 a tin, a special offer in ALDI, I thought that was a bit rich, could you sort me out with say half a dozen tins?

Only if you say 6 Hail Marys.

That has to qualify as one of the most ill informed posts in a long while.

Google A Girl Called Jack.

I just did, I assume she got her inks at a time when she wasnt whinging how hard done by she is?
I note she also works for the Guardian who arent shy in avoiding taxes that could be used for the hard done by starving masses.

Latest Threads