Hundreds turn out for Cpl Tom Gadens funeral in Taunton....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by headgear, Mar 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't have a news link however one of my work (navy) colleagues has just returned from attending Cpl Gadens funeral. 100's of bikers turned up, both military and civilian to act as a bikers honour gaurd - as requested by Cpl Gadens mum.

Many members of the general public also lined the street in respect. All in all it was an outstanding tribute to this soldier.

2. rip fella
  3. Cow

Cow LE

Link here, looks like a good turnout to see him off.
  4. Attached Files:

5. A great gesture from the bikers, well done one and all.
  6. nice one. RIP.

I think this thread should be moved from the NAAFI tbh.
  7. Agreed, I half exected pics of baying mobs with black beards jeering him on his way.
  8. it's good to see the public support is strengthing for us.

rip in fella
  9. I was one of the bikers privileged enough to be able to pay my respects today, I thought you may like to see some of the photos.
    All the best to you all.

10. Is it dusty in here? Great credit to all those who attended.
  11. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Great show of support, well done the Bikers, the locals and everyone who cared. Makes a refreshing change from all the negative sh1t we've been hearing in the press recently about the 'homecoming protesters'.

RIP to Cpl. Gaden.
  12. fantastic send off today, thanx to the bikers, the coffin bearers, and the firing party which i took part in, and thanx to the public for the massive turn out.
  13. Backing up the thoughts of everybody in thanking the people of taunton for their turnout at Cpl Gadens funeral, must also single out Bugbird in thanking him for the photos, it proves if any proof was needed that bikers are a close knit community as are we in the military
  14. Good to see this was done with the dignity and respect thats due to a fallen fellow soldier. RIP Tom