Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hundreds of UK troops parachute into Ukraine for joint exercises

There's only one flyable at the moment. The aircrew take it in turns to alter the Letraset serial numbers on the tail and take it for a spin.

All the others are broken. They are awaiting spare parts which Airbus have promised will be taken from the broken Luftwaffe ones, once they've finished building them.

By the way, the aircrew know which one is your house 'cos someone placed a navigation beacon on your roof:

t1ukky2l4m241.jpg

Back to the thread.... Has anyone heard how the exercises are progressing?
I do hope you are here all week.

I wish that was my house, it's significantly larger than reality!

The much vaunted strike brigade is hastily cobbling together a fleet of assorted not- Boxer vehicles to reinforce the " hundreds" of paras, and might get there by Christmas?
Plan B is to issue Euro rail warrants to a motley all arms battalion.

in our new Covid world, we will create a new bike lane to Kiev and issue the Strike Brigade Boris bikes.
Think of all the box ticks!

in our new Covid world, we will create a new bike lane to Kiev and issue the Strike Brigade Boris bikes.
Think of all the box ticks!
Hurry up with that, I cycled from Dublin to Kyiv last year (with obvious use of ferry) and was fine until I crossed the Polish-Ukrainian border.

Some numbers;

for every single American killed in WW2 there were
1.4 dead in France,
2 from Britain and Commonwealth,
7 from Japan,
18 from Germany,
47 from China
and 64 from the Soviet Union.

I think they have some justification in fearing the West
Well being given a choice of charge and maybe live, or turn back to face NKVD firing parties

Shit frontal assault tactics using sheer weight of men with a leadership which did not care if the men lived or died and didnt care if civilians starved to death

I cannot see how extending NATO's fiefdom through the former DDR, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and Ukraine will help the situation. It just plays into the Russian paranoia of being threatened from the west.
Yup screw the free will of those nations they should shut up and be happy being a impact area for russia and its mafia leader Vladimir pale chestski poutine

Well being given a choice of charge and maybe live, or turn back to face NKVD firing parties

Shit frontal assault tactics using sheer weight of men with a leadership which did not care if the men lived or died and didnt care if civilians starved to death
Desperate affairs need desperate measures. Horatio Nelson

Advances east always hit a problem when they cross that border, see 1812 and 1941.
In 1812 and 1941 Ukraine didn't exist as a sovereign nation.

Nobody's talking about invading Russia and Ukraine and despite Vlad's illegal activities it is not a part of Russia any more than Estonia or Latvia or Lithuania are.

Returning to the original theme of the thread, it seems what's good for the goose ...

'Russian airborne troops dropped down from the sky near Belarus' western border on Tuesday as part of joint exercises being watched by the U.S. military amid political instability in the Eastern European nation.

'The combined paratrooper exercises of Russia and Belarus are part of the Slavic Brotherhood 2020 drills being conducted in the latter country's city of Brest, located near the border with Poland. The maneuvers are being conducted upon the backdrop of mass protests in the wake of a disputed vote that saw the re-election of longtime President Alexander Lukashenko, who has blamed the West for the unrest.

'The Slavic Brotherhood exercises are held each year in a traditionally trilateral format that also including Serbia, but Belgrade opted out of the 2020 edition, citing pressure from the European Union over the political situation surrounding Lukashenko's election. Russia and Belarus have pressed on, however, bringing an estimated 900 personnel to the training.

'The goal, according to the Russian Defense Ministry, was "practicing counter-terrorism tasks as part of a multinational tactical group."

'The Belarusian Defense Ministry described the primary theme as "conducting joint actions in the interests of the security of the Union State." This included displaying the readiness to defend Belarus' territorial integrity, it said.'

Last edited: