Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hundreds of UK troops parachute into Ukraine for joint exercises

Enthammer walt.
I was thinking more along the lines of a 'Robert Kershaw' walt.

41HtMWzSrgL.jpg

Been on the Turps all night?

:D ...you'd think so !

Rent-A-Flight has lots of form over the Paras 'using' their aircraft for Training but in this case over Resupply & Casevac - our radio man almost pleading for the basics asked for:- two types of ammo/water/ & Casevac - refused due to sand getting into engines , with top brass due shortly on inspection , and so on...

I see the drop was done with the good old C-130, not the A400M hanger queens,
If they’re hanger (sic) queens please explain why they fly over my house almost every day without fail?

:D ...you'd think so !

Rent-A-Flight has lots of form over the Paras 'using' their aircraft for Training but in this case over Resupply & Casevac - our radio man almost pleading for the basics asked for:- two types of ammo/water/ & Casevac - refused due to sand getting into engines , with top brass due shortly on inspection , and so on...
Is this available in English? You do know that aircraft tasking is a Joint (ie Army) responsibility?

Last edited:
Sorry to confuse you - are you ex Military ?
I’m afraid he’s right. Tasking of AMF assets has been a joint responsibility for well over two decades.

But you knew that of course.

Regrettably , Not.

Thanks for the courtesy - appreciated.
No problem - I did it for three years much to the dismay of the RAF!

Yes. Tasking aircraft is a joint activity...not the RAF's. Just beaten to it. So the RAF don't churlishly decide to piss around the Paras, fun as that might be.

Your disdain marks you out as a 'Hat' :)
I am talking about some time ago - and will try to find an 'identifier' ( Book ) of the reason for my original post.

Your disdain marks you out as a 'Hat' :)
I am talking about some time ago - and will try to find an 'identifier' ( Book ) of the reason for my original post.
I spent just on 30 years in the RAF and I cannot recall a single occasion when RAF personnel said "Ok chaps, today we're going to muck around the army; better still, let's ignore all our taskings and head to the pub".

I spent just on 30 years in the RAF and I cannot recall a single occasion when RAF personnel said "Ok chaps, today we're going to muck around the army; better still, let's ignore all our taskings and head to the pub".

I never said that , nor would I suggest it.

With 30 years to your credit means you have the LS&GC Medal - Congratulations !

You had obviously been marked , as a man to retain for as long as possible , which it seemed the Headsheds actually did something right.

My bitching goes back a bit further & not in this country - after all the best military meals I enjoyed were in the RAF - yes, and had TWO sausages - talking about No:1 PTS in Abingdon...

I'll try to find/buy the book to support my original post.

I see no need to turn this thread into an acrimonious exchange between us , due to another un-named unknown operator/message taker - it wasn't you. :-D

I know - it was Enthammer’s quote.

Excellent book though.
Ah, I am with you now. Artillery Lt Joseph Enthammer previously on the technical staff of the largest V2 rocket installation in Europe, based in Marie-sur Oise.

When I first read your post I thought that you were a 'Warhammer' fan or something!

Ah, I am with you now. Artillery Lt Joseph Enthammer previously on the technical staff of the largest V2 rocket installation in Europe, based in Marie-sur Oise.

When I first read your post I thought that you were a 'Warhammer' fan or something!
Haha! No chance of that...

Kershaw's other books are good as well, he's a rarity - a Para officer that can spell!

Latest Threads