Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hundreds of UK troops parachute into Ukraine for joint exercises

ericferret

War Hero
Over 200 British paratroopers made history this week when they jumped into southern Ukraine for the first time.

Continue reading...

Meanwhile the people of Arnhem are wondering what has happened to the commemorative drop they were promised.

R.A.F spokesman says "nothing to do with us".

76 years ago this week.

en.wikipedia.org

Why does the title of this thread make me think of the real 2 Para and their operational drop?

John has a long moustache.

Hippohunter

Old-Salt
Why not? He keeps poking us...
Russia, rightly or wrongly,has a pathological fear of invasion from the west. In less than 30 years NATO forces have moved hundreds of miles east from Wolfenbuttel to the very border of Russia. NATO is all over the Baltic states, now in Ukraine and the way things are going soon into Belarus. Bear poking.

Russia, rightly or wrongly,has a pathological fear of invasion from the west. In less than 30 years NATO forces have moved hundreds of miles east from Wolfenbuttel to the very border of Russia. NATO is all over the Baltic states, now in Ukraine and the way things are going soon into Belarus. Bear poking.
All of which is good. Putin is a vain, sociopathic narcissist and poking him and his bloody ilk should be done hard and often.

Otherwise they’ll walk all over you.

Niamac

GCM
Russia, rightly or wrongly,has a pathological fear of invasion from the west.
Some numbers;

for every single American killed in WW2 there were
1.4 dead in France,
2 from Britain and Commonwealth,
7 from Japan,
18 from Germany,
47 from China
and 64 from the Soviet Union.

I think they have some justification in fearing the West

Some numbers;

for every single American killed in WW2 there were
1.4 dead in France,