Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hundreds of UK troops parachute into Ukraine for joint exercises

The MOD said:
The 250-strong UK force also made up of personnel from the Royal Engineers, Royal Horse Artillery, Royal Signals, The Partachute Regiment, Royal Logistic Corps and The Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, is now fully assembled on the ground in Ukraine for Exercise Joint Endeavour, which kicks off on 22 September.
I know money is tight but surely we can afford to issue people a whole parachute each?

Chef

LE
"Hundred of troops" actually was about a company group's worth. Not quite Market Garden...

Looks like the MOD have recruited a semi-trained chimp to head up their social media. Either that or a Gunner Second Lieutenant.

"As an enhanced opportunity partner, Ukraine will gain further experience working closely with NATO militaries, sharing best practice and matching capabilities."

Just as I was thinking (actually typing) "Who writes this BS?"

Looks like the MOD have recruited a semi-trained chimp to head up their social media. Either that or a Gunner Second Lieutenant.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
"Hundred of troops" actually was about a company group's worth. Not quite Market Garden...

Parachute operations in the month of September do not augur well.

Don't worry, Tommy will be home by Christmas.

Personally I think we're better off leaving the Ukraine well alone.

The article states they dropped from 600ft! That’s low, when I first got to Bn there was a trial going on that dropped us from 650ft and that was quick enough. Get out, check canopy, drop your container and CRUNCH!

The article states they dropped from 600ft! That’s low, when I first got to Bn there was a trial going on that dropped us from 650ft and that was quick enough. Get out, check canopy, drop your container and CRUNCH!

Try 41,42,43 years ago. Jumping out a Dak at 500 feet with a 1960ies chute.

Rhodesia and their ”meat bombs“ .

Not me , too young.

Dr Death

War Hero
Practicing for 1st January 2021 when we invade France, again.

Bob65

War Hero

Agreed, very underwhelming. Dropping 2 and 3 Para and air-assaulting in the rest of the brigade would have been a much more impressive display of capability, assuming we still have the airframes for that.

Latest Threads