Hundreds injured in chemical weapon attack - Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I know there have been two previous attacks but it looks as if the insurgents are getting their TTPs worked out. 8 dead so far and hundreds injured.

See here

A v worrying trend.
  2. Sort of secures America's presence there for just that bit longer I would imagine.
  3. Then Knobhead at No 10 will say - see told you so, I was right after all. MUPPET.

BT. :shakefist:
  4. It really does defy all understanding. On my part at any rate. Tony's Legacy heh?
  5. whats the betting they'll trace the stuff back to iran.......!
  6. Well at least they finally found some chemical weapons. Just not in the way they'd hoped.
  7. The irony that in 2003 there were no chemical weapons in Iraq and that now people are dying in chemical weapon attacks is probably completely lost on the chimp and his poodle.
  8. NBC suits and respirators?
  9. Surprised it didn't happen sooner, chlorine gas isn't hard to make, many cleaners are killed each year when the mix high concentration bleach and chlorine and don't realise the dangers.
  10. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Chlorine is used in extremely large quantities in water purification and other processes in the UK. I would be VERY surprised if this sort of thing was not already be considered as a threat to the UK.

And, Ex-STAB - what makes you think no Chemical Weapons were found in Iraq?
  11. Note what it says at the bottom of the piece.

"In another attack near Falluja last month, not involving chlorine, more than 35 people were killed when a conventional truck bomb exploded near a mosque where the imam had criticised al-Qaeda inIraq.

Some tribal leaders in the area have openly complained about al-Qaeda's activities. "

As I have said in the 90 Days thread, News 24 is going much further in suggesting that Al Q in Iraq is targetting locals in retaliation to their opposing the terrorists
  12. Well the Iraq Survey group didn't find anything deployable. I recall that it was major news when they found a forgotten dump with a small quantity of old chemical artillery shells.
    This is from Wikipedia which I accept isn't an unimpeachable source:

I think that is the widely accepted view though.

Here's a link to the ISG report: