Humphrey Lyttleton Tribute Radio 4 1200

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed, this programme is being broadcast today.

Mrs. Trellis
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just heard part of the program and one of the alternative word deffinitions had real ARRSE style about it ... pun intended ...

Undeterred ... Barry Cryer offers ... alternative deffinition .... Skid Mark .... class .
  3. Well I managed to catch most of the programme ... and excellent it was too and a glowing , deserved tribute a great man with many skills . By tomorrow I will have probably forgotten most of the jokes and it is not an age thing .... there were so many .... typical of the I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue team but I shall remember at least one .

Thanks for the reminder Mrs Trellis .
  4. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

It was well worth listening to. I consider myself lucky to have been at one of his last live concerts.
  5. My first purchase of a record was his version of "Bad Penny Blues"!
  6. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

If I was in London I always tried to get into the Conway if Humph was playing. Nice to see there are now free afternoorn concerts in the Lyttelton foyer of the National Theatre, many of which are jazz.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Glad to be of help. I listened to it with a friend, and we couldn't stop giggling about Samantha and her 38 bees flapping around someone's head.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mrs B_R was present when that one broadcast and she too was chuckling .

I shall now remember two jokes .

Never been a great Jazz fan but can still remember enjoying some of Humph's playing .

Saw a programme on TV ... not too long ago .... may have been another tribute ... in which a clip of film , in colour , was shown where Humph was playing to a crowd during the VE Day celebrations .
  9. Episode 3 is now available on BBC iPlayer.

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue
    Series 63 Episode 3 of 6 . . . Listen in pop-out player

The nation's favourite wireless entertainment pays a visit to the Alban Arena in St Albans. Regulars Barry Cryer, Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke-Taylor are joined on the panel by Omid Djalili, with Jack Dee in the chair. Colin Sell provides piano accompaniment. Producer - Jon Naismith. It is a BBC Radio Comedy production .