Humour in uniform Group build

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Guys, I was wondering about a group build along the lines of Humour in Uniform. We all have those memories from our time, would it be too much to expect something silly in our models as a light-hearted break from the serious aspect of our work?
I envisage a model with a well thought out caption, such as a group of THEM, looking at a skeleton on a hill and one saying " Well he's failed selection ain't he" or something equally daft.
Have a thunk and see what you feel.

Something involving a turdis, some black'n'nasty and a smoke grenade perhaps?
Oh, how we laughed at the strangely orange crow...

If it includes black nasty, mtp & cs95 i'm in but my less than average career is nothing special.
And the nearest I got to "them" was driving to their top secret base to deliver hush hush ration packs.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Make sure you include a sky hook, long weight and tartan paint.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Where did you get the Swedish dolly bird from? Just asking right?
Make sure you include a sky hook, long weight and tartan paint.
Had to get the tartan paint in didn't you?

Chef

LE
Where did you get the Swedish dolly bird from? Just asking right?
Had to get the tartan paint in didn't you?
You say that but when I was a tiny tot and first saw the camouflage range I did wonder how it worked, I mean look at the tinlets:

Image result for Humbrol camouflage paint tinlets Images

An easy mistake to make when you're little:oops:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
How about showing a Paddy getting a good kicking from a snatch squad a la 1970-73 set on a Belfast street? Not funny some would say but.............

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Scorpion in edge of treeline. Driver getting cam net and Hessian strips over the front. Commander, in his position, leaning over the gunner's hatch, "Is that brew not ready yet?"

How about an InAccurate Armour 4 tonner parked at the bottom on a hill in winter with frost on the ground with a bunch of pasty thin youth running up the the other side of the hill in those lovely red cotton tops that soak up sweat so well and circa 1920 blue footy shorts on - norgies by the 4 tonner and two lads smoking fags with brew in hand and the caption:

"There's a 4 tonner and a red hot brew waiting at the bottom of the next hill...................................."

Last edited:
Sanger, dark o'clock. Squaddie with kecks down standing in front of the radiator in the process of leaving a memento for the incoming sentry.

Sanger, dark o'clock. Squaddie with kecks down standing in front of the radiator in the process of leaving a memento for the incoming sentry.
That sounds like you are speaking from experience as the perp!!

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Stripped down recce rover with the front end stove in parked up next to the LAD Bedford.

LAD SNCO examining the damage while the driver and commander are standing nearby.

Caption "...and just how fast were you going when this happened?"

Footnote: Twenty years later I was sat next to the LAD SNCO (brilliant bloke called Steve) at an annual dinner. I finally admitted to him that we were travelling a lot faster than the 15mph I originally claimed...

His response was "I knew it"...and then we both fell about laughing... :)

Scorpion in edge of treeline. Driver getting cam net and Hessian strips over the front. Commander, in his position, leaning over the gunner's hatch, "Is that brew not ready yet?"
Other varieties of CVR can be used for this scenario.

BFO Antonov in the process of turning round on the pan, a dozen blown-over turdises and 20 or so soldiers tiptoeing through the sh!t trying to rescue their comrades.

Sadly, I don't have a reference image.

How about an InAccurate Armour 4 tonner parked at the bottom on a hill in winter with frost on the ground with a bunch of pasty thin youth running up the the other side of the hill in those lovely red cotton tops that soak up sweat so well and circa 1920 blue footy shorts on - norgies by the 4 tonner and two lads smoking fags with brew in hand and the caption:

"There's a 4 tonner and a red hot brew waiting at the bottom of the next hill...................................."

or more realistically, the 4 tonner with blue cotton wool diesel smoke from the back as it gently drives off to the bottom of the next hill....

Latest Threads