Humble Pie Being Eaten.

#43
Doesn't seem to be a way back to the Home page from a thread. Usually use ARRSE drop down menu top left but the Home option isn't there.

Oh, and could we alternate the Avatar position between left and right and then on top every tenth message?
 
#44
western said:
Doesn't seem to be a way back to the Home page from a thread. Usually use ARRSE drop down menu top left but the Home option isn't there.

Oh, and could we alternate the Avatar position between left and right and then on top every tenth message?
Click on Mr Potato Head in top left corner or on ARRSE just above FORUMS on the drop down list.

I know this because I asked the same Q when we changed over to the old new look ARRSE. :wink:

Edited to add. The time on the home page is showing GMT with the remainder at GMT +1 but there has probably been a thread about it already that I have missed before Legs spits his/her dummy out again!
 
#47
YesItsMe said:
Gubmint_Agent said:
At the risk of getting strung up (virtually) - can we have the avatars on the right..? 8)

i was about to say the same - but thought i better don't :rofl:
Why would you want such a thing...are you trying to punish someone?
 
#48
Oh look one version at home and when I log on at work its a different version, which one is reality? What will it be like when I get home? If your reading this in the new/old/original just before it changed version I like this. If its the old/new avatars on the right I dont like this version. Now which version am I.

As the grat man Rumsfeld said...

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

So what happened.
 
#49
One way to make the server faster would be to get rid of all the STABS.

Couldn't you give them their own site? Or could they just leech onto the official ACF website?


























:roll:
 
#50
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
One way to make the server faster would be to get rid of all the STABS.
I resemble that remark...
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#51
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
One way to make the server faster would be to get rid of all the STABS.

Couldn't you give them their own site? Or could they just leech onto the official ACF website?

:roll:
.....and the women, don't forget the women - keep 'em off at peak times or invitation only :wink:
 
#52
Must admit i stopped coming on here as it was going alot slower for me, thought i would take a look today and started scrolling down the newest posts on front page and couldnt quite put my thumb on what had changed, then it clocked, Desert theme is getting old though and i have to keep changing too original, SFW etc a good old temperate 60's DPM theme would be a cracker or pictures of mutilated corpses of supermodels would be adaquite aswell.
 
#54
It's been very slow, now it's back to normal....... whatever that is.

What a great exercise in management of change.
 
#55
Solution has been decided upon - I've just throw a long time's worth of your donations at the problem. That's what they're for after all no? Very powerful new server on the way for the front end of ARRSE. Enough time wasted (=huge amounts) trying to keep us running by fine tuning, tweaks, changes etc. Bloody thing just needs to run, even if we have the least efficient code on t'internet.
 
#56
Please tell us that this isn't going to be done MoD style,

Original estimate of cost being 1/4 of the final cost, project running several years late and only offering half the functions promised, then only available in limited locations with huge bugs in the programming.... etc etc etc.... :D
 
#57
Good CO said:
Solution has been decided upon - I've just throw a long time's worth of your donations at the problem. That's what they're for after all no? Very powerful new server on the way for the front end of ARRSE. Enough time wasted (=huge amounts) trying to keep us running by fine tuning, tweaks, changes etc. Bloody thing just needs to run, even if we have the least efficient code on t'internet.
Is this democratic centralism at work?

No matter. As long as it isn't a Trojan Horse for the Movement to Institute Avatars on the Right... :D
 

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
#58
theoriginalphantom said:
Please tell us that this isn't going to be done MoD style,

Original estimate of cost being 1/4 of the final cost, project running several years late and only offering half the functions promised, then only available in limited locations with huge bugs in the programming.... etc etc etc.... :D
If we do, can I be the consultant? I can charge treble the budget costs for me to delay the upgrade. :thumleft:
 
#59
If at first you don't succeed...








...you're French.
 
#60
Halleh fecking luya

My head no longer hurts.

Just out of interest did you get a drop in hits for the new format?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PapaGolf Tanks, planes & ships 7
guzzijon Afghanistan 156
Spanish_Dave The NAAFI Bar 6

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top