Humble Pie Being Eaten.

This is a bit like Dallas, you know you wake up and realise that ARRSE never changed, it was only a dream

But seriously, thanks GCO for all your efforts in maintaining the site. :D

And let this be a lesson to you - Don't bother trying because there is a high risk of failure. :wink:

Is it me, or is it a pain in the hoop to access your PMs now?

Is there a secret button I've missed?

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
oh and by the way - I was NOT impressed that I was no longer being roundly abused and insulted towards the end. I was getting used to the new layout, finding it more and more appealing . . . . and then the abuse stopped. It took the pleasure right out of it.

Just a thought - but when you get back into it, I MUST have daily abuse, and a button for others to turn it off if they so wish.

StabTiffy2B said:
And let this be a lesson to you - Don't bother trying because there is a high risk of failure. :wink:

Is it me, or is it a pain in the hoop to access your PMs now?

Is there a secret button I've missed?

try ctrl+f4 @stab

what a pity - it looked really good and after all the work it must have meant to you good_co i feel sorry for you :(

i'm pretty sure though you will make it another time
and have to say i've never ever seen someone else being as busy as you are in helping and responding
brilliant job ... unfortunately not lucky this time :hug:

Thanks for the hard work and a weekend taking flak from us all Boss. Sorry it didn't work out despite your best efforts.

Thank goodness for that !!

Those of you have said that it is like having an old friend back are right.

At least with this format I can dip in and out at work - the other one took far too long to load and I was in danger of being caught out !!

I'm sooo glad that this one is back

Biped said:
oh and by the way - I was NOT impressed that I was no longer being roundly abused and insulted towards the end. I was getting used to the new layout, finding it more and more appealing . . . . and then the abuse stopped. It took the pleasure right out of it.

Just a thought - but when you get back into it, I MUST have daily abuse, and a button for others to turn it off if they so wish.
or we could all take it in turns to PM you with random abuse?
I think the daily abuse should be something that is set to 'off' unless you chose to recieve it

i've just logged in to find a new look on the website. what the hell is going on? avatars are on the left, i can read the text and it actually reaches all the way across the screen.

what happened to the good old "avatars on the right" layout? me no like change. :)

p.s. GCO - only kidding. thank fuck we're back to normal!

Good CO said:
And an apology to those who swore blind the new theme had made it slower, and I said (of course bo*llocks). It does see to have done although I'm buggered if I know why.

Oh, well. You live and learn.
I'll hazard a guess here:

It's the "last 50 posts" feature.

It uses different search criteria than "Newposts" and takes longer as a result.

Should be easy to test.

For the record, arrse.co.uk is inaccessible to me - blank page don't you know! I posted this on armyrumour.co.uk

damn, damn, damn, damn, i was just getting used to the new one.

Many thanks boss for the effort and hope it never caused sleepless nights and hope it comes right in the end.

BTW nice to see the old fella back the way was

Good CO said:
Trouble is, it's still dog slow.
It's running fine for me - much faster than the old/new one.

The new one was growing on me but I'll admit I prefer this format. Shame all that work came to nought, but hey the joy of computers. :D

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
theoriginalphantom said:
Biped said:

or we could all take it in turns to PM you with random abuse?
I think the daily abuse should be something that is set to 'off' unless you chose to recieve it
Yes on point one, and yes on point two - the only problem was that it got turned off with no 'please abuse me button'. At this time, I've had to go back to using my celise.

It was like having a tempestuous affair for the weekend but then realising that you had to go back to the Mrs eventually. :wink:

Some of it was good while it lasted. :D

Thanks for your efforts GCO :wink:

Ahhh... the old site. Feels very comfy using this layout again (hooray for LH avatars), but it's also pretty obvious how dated the format is: commiserations on the difficulties, GCO and good luck with the next update.

Jugears: just as easy to access PMs as it always has been, via the "My Stuff" part of the toolbar at the top of the page.

scuba_angel said:
Boss another one with no arrse.co.uk - blank white screen, nearly cried thinking I had nowhere to hide from working! arrse.net is ok though which is a relief.
.co.uk is working ok for me. :D

ugly

LE
Its taken me so long to log in and reply that I've almost forgotten what I was thinking, to be honest familiar is nice for us older farts and as I am in the Imperial Death star AKA Brum for 2 weeks and kipping over at 94's Gaffe in Nuneaton then ARRSSE is vital comms for me!