Humble Pie Being Eaten.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Jun 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK - there's nothing for it. Reversion to old site.

So much for my long planned smooth move!

I don't know what the problem was but clearly reversing every change of the past week is the way forward.

One thing - IF I bring the other one back in - I'll put the avatars on the left :)

Thanks for your patience with my ill humour. Especially BSc-underwater-basket-weaving bloke :)

2. Site Deja Vu - feels like being back with an old friend.

Keep at it GCO, sure you'll crack it at some point

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

And an apology to those who swore blind the new theme had made it slower, and I said (of course bo*llocks). It does see to have done although I'm buggered if I know why.

Oh, well. You live and learn.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Actually - we're not out of the woods. Load on the server is still high. Bugger.

5. and just when I had got used to the new arrse..

I don't suppose you had anything to do with the rollout of other sucessfull IT systems, like JPA, DMICP, Dii......?

6. I'd say the new site layout, despite failing, was blindingly successful compared to JPA.........

....cheaper too :)

7. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I hope no humbles were killed or injured in the eating of the pie, and that the pastry was from sustainable resources and cooked in a carbon free environment?

8. I did really want to like the 'new' look ARRSE, honest.

But I'm glad it's back to the old one now. Thanks for all your hard work on looking at making it new for us, and more userfriendly though. Hope you aren't too frazzled by it. I can just imagine you sat there surrounded by alcohol and cigarettes trying to calm down!

9. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Ahhh well. That was the most painful upgrade I ever tried. Took forever to get made and crashed in a weekend. Bugger bugger.

Anyway, those who hated it triumphed (vandalised by a hacker perhaps). It will return but I can't face so much agro so it will be more like this one. No desert DPM though as I'm sick of it.

Thanks for support and patience and at least it gives us something to task about!

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

We are however still suffering major server problems. I will move the site on to new hardware tonight and we'll hope that cures it. It will go offline for some overnight but I'll post about that closer to the time.

11. Aaah thats better :)

Its like being welcomed home by an old friend..

Admittedly an old friend who has broken in via the windows and has drunk all the scotch and eaten the plate of cold sausages in the fridge but still welcome for all that.

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

But now I'm going to get very drunk all day. OK, I'm going to have a cup of tea at least.

F uckin' compooters.

13. <smugmode>

better luck next time old chap!

</smugmode>

14. Thanks for letting us know. :)

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

<wanker_mode_off>
    Fair one.
    </wanker_mode_off>
    you smug bastar d :)