Human Shield fined $10,000

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr Happy, Aug 14, 2003.

1. She deserves to lose her house and go to prison and rot

2. It's just an opinion, leaver her alone (the USAF had their shot...)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Now I don't know if this is terrible repression of free speech or just plain funny!

2. mmmm i know she did wrong in supporting the regime and the fact she has lost and shuffle back home , agreed she is a traitor i would have thought 6 months losing her welfare benefit would have done the trick , BUT the US are taking a huge sledgehammer to crack a tiny nut , where will it end it sets a dangerous precedent, it an overkill and we know the spam govt style of dealing with anybody who doesnt agree with them " free speech is fine as long as you agree with us " seems to be the way to go :roll:
  3. It's a terrible repression of the freedom to disagree.
    We don't need to agree with those that protest and demonstrate but what sort of nation punishes someone who does in this way?
    If there is no right to protest and demonstrate as our concience dictates where is the freedom?
  4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

But those are just the maximum fines, I'm sure our CPA could run it up as treason (Queens subjects and all that) with death sentence at the end.
  5. If she illegally broke sanctions simply by buying food and water in Iraq, I'd love to know how many journalists were guilty of the same thing.

In fact, when were the sanctions officially lifted? I'll bet the US and British militaries have broken the sanctions by locally purchasing food and employing interpreters while sanctions were still in place!
  6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Under Euro Law that is a valid defence (persecution of the individual) - it's one of our better ones actually.

But I suspect under US law she's still fcked. Though it's a good point.

By the way. Under Euro Law, should you ever get hauled up for email/www abuse then ensure that they are treating you the same as everyone else, e.g. Are you saying I'm the ONLY person in the firm that receives personal email? I don't think I am, I think you're persecuting me, lets take this to the next level, bring your cheque book.....
  7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

And if you don't mind chucking in "it's because I'm gay isn't it" you can double your money...

Errrm, non civvies had better not do that actually. Try, "is it cos I took photo's of the CO pistol whipping all those civvies on Grapple 4?" then you'll get a super pension not to tell anyone anything....
  8. Harsh but maybe it will stop the pratts .Next time backing another evil regime what ever you think about the war anyone think some blke chaining themselves to a target gonna stop a smart bomb
  9. But the "prats" have the freedom to exercise their rights even if misguided, is that not what we fight for? But the Yanks have a lot to learn though, take Sen Kennedy, silence from him since Sep 11, his support for terrorists seems to have diminished suddenly. Jane "Hanoi" Fonda, she done more to f**k the morale of the troops in Vietnam than the "prats" did in Iraq, probably Iraq was not fashionable enough for all the other luvvies either.