Human Rights MPs

Force of One

Old-Salt
So the new Anti Terrorism Laws about to be debated are being questioned by Human Rights MPs. Allegedly they think that banning Jihadists returning to the UK is a bad idea "a very real risk that the human rights of UK nationals, including the right to return to one’s country of nationality, will be violated as a result of their imposition”. and that Universities etc should not be allowed to stop students getting involved in extremism.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Say when.

So the new Anti Terrorism Laws about to be debated are being questioned by Human Rights MPs. Allegedly they think that banning Jihadists returning to the UK is a bad idea "a very real risk that the human rights of UK nationals, including the right to return to one’s country of nationality, will be violated as a result of their imposition”. and that Universities etc should not be allowed to stop students getting involved in extremism.

Sounds like a debate alright. Isn't that why MPs get elected? To debate stuff.

Who are these "Human Rights MPs" by the way? Where did you get the information? What are the proposed laws? Why is this in the NAAFI?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I was trying to kill time with a discussion about peas - have you any idea how difficult that is ffs!

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

These aren't new laws yet, it's a bill. Before a bill can become law it has to go through a process, this will involve a committee who debate on the validity of the sections within the bill.

Parliament is required to ensure that any legislation meets the requirements of the EU (European Communities Act 1972) and the ECHR (Human Rights Act 1998).

These aren't new laws yet, it's a bill. Before a bill can become law it has to go through a process, this will involve a committee who debate on the validity of the sections within the bill.

Parliament is required to ensure that any legislation meets the requirements of the EU (European Communities Act 1972) and the ECHR (Human Rights Act 1998).
See now there you go being all sensible again:eek:

Force of One

Old-Salt

Yes I know this thanks.
My point being that we pander too much to the European Court of Human Rights. When it comes to the security of our nation should this be the case?

Yes I know this thanks.
My point being that we pander too much to the European Court of Human Rights. When it comes to the security of our nation should this be the case?

The ECHR is doing its job. (Not that I agree with their decisions). They arent there to be popular.

Allegedly they think that banning Jihadists returning to the UK is a bad idea "a very real risk that the human rights of UK nationals, including the right to return to one’s country of nationality, will be violated as a result of their imposition”.

Yup. As there isn't a legal nation of "Dar al Harb" to which these scum can be said to belong, those who are British citizens do have an internationally recognised right to be here. Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to get the evidence to make their return here 30 years in solitary for terrorist offences.

and that Universities etc should not be allowed to stop students getting involved in extremism.

No - universities should, according to the Human Rights Committee (peers and MPs), no longer be required to report if they suspect a student has extremist views. Same continuum, barely, but very definitely not the same thing.

Yes I know this thanks.

No you don't know it and you also fail to understand the ECHR.

If the new anti-terrorism legislation allowed anyone to be held as long as the Police required without charge, is this ok? What if it was you being held?

Latest Threads