HULL

Discussion in 'Travel' started by AT55, May 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the next few weeks Doris and I are travelling from the deep south to the Scottish borders. I looked on the map and realised that we will be passing (by a few miles) the Humber Bridge and Kingston upon Hull. I have not been to either. I was wondering is it worth while making a detour and maybe spending a night in Hulll? I look forward to you un-biased advice.

2. Unless you are really wanting to see the Humber bridge the answer is no. It is a long detour and while the bridge is impressive it is not worth the drag A1-M18-Humber bridge- Hull-A63-M62 back to the A1. As an ex resident of Hull there is not a lot to go there for.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If you're "passing (by a few miles) the Humber Bridge and Kingston upon Hull", I suggest that you take a boat. Unless you've got an Amphicar, Schwimmwagen or a Stolly (Warsaw Pact vehicles are also available). Otherwise, invest in a better SatNav.

4. That said, there is an advantage to detouring via the Humber Bridge - you can follow the coast road, stop at Whitby and sample the fish and chips. That's worth a detour.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

unless you do the scenic route and do lincolshire-yorkshire wolds then through the moors onto the a19/a1

hull has some good bits but is 9/10ths council estate and it does show in places. you could go around it and find somewhere easier to expore in a day/evening like scarborough or whitby. higher up you have lindisfarne and berwick

• Like Like x 1
  6. Magpie cafe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. But be there before 11am to avoid the queues. Siggy's takeaway, next to the New Angel pub is better IMHO.

8. Grumblegrunt

^as to why she should or shouldn't go?

9. markintime and his other half will do tricks, well worth it, ****** would use again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Grumblegrunt

bit of a detour to weighton though

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was advocating an excuse to cross the Humber Bridge. Though I can't understand why he'd want to go beyond Yorkshire. Up Rosedale and down Westerdale is a nice route to cross the Moors, though if he does go via Whitby then Goathland/Danby is also nice.

12. Grumblegrunt

he can do the transporter bridge as well.

mind you he would get a bit too close to scunthorpe - unless he likes dogging in which case crack on

13. My first weekend away with my boyfriend was in Whitby what fantastic memories of when he took the cock.

14. No.