Hull in the Premiership

You'll need it if you go up!

Only saying that because my lot aren't going up.....................

Heedthebaw said:
Yeah Good luck! I've backed them on Betfair!
Blige, you must be desperate - the best odds I can see on Odds Explorer are 13/19 on! Can I sell you some money?

The odds are shortening...14/19!

I'm so chuffed Hull City and Bristol City made it to the play off finals! A team that only a few seasons ago finished mid table in league two and a team who had been stuck in league one for around 8 seasons, both fighting it out for a place in the top division! Who would of bet on that?

I'm a Swansea fan myself and i hope we can do the same as either Hull or Bristol. I wish them both the best of luck, fantastic stuff! Two real football teams that could be in the prem, about time too!

The trouble is promotion to the prem is a gamble yes its a payday. But you may become whipping boys go straight back down and have your best players cherrypicked by the the teams who stay up for good measure

joey_deacons_lad said:
The trouble is promotion to the prem is a gamble yes its a payday. But you may become whipping boys go straight back down and have your best players cherrypicked by the the teams who stay up for good measure
Never mind when you get relegated you can always cry yourselves to sleep thinking about that parachute payment money you'll get. :wink:

So about this time next year will we be saying "that Derby County, they weren't actually that bad after all"?

Votes for single figure points tally next year...

You get around £35 million just for going up, so it said on the news. Then you get £12 million parachute payment if relegated and a further £12 million(not sure why you get a further 12 mil though)

Cuddles said:
Heedthebaw said:
Yeah Good luck! I've backed them on Betfair!
Blige, you must be desperate - the best odds I can see on Odds Explorer are 13/19 on! Can I sell you some money?
I backed them at the START of the playoffs. That and laying against Bristol once the final was decided made it worthwhile. Incidentally look at the treble - picking all three promoted sides from the play off finals.

Worth a fiver of anyones money.

The pureist must be hoping for a Bristol City win, a team of local and mainly British players, no real stars in the team, Dele Adebola is probably the only one anyone has heard of apart from Lee Trundle who to be fair is still only a lower league player. The test is Saturday and for pure dreams of Fantasy Bristol must win....... Hull have their fair share of premiership ex's and have bought their way to where they are now, no problem with that but from a pureist point of veiw COME ON BRISTOL

To be honest i think the purist is staying neutral for this one.

Both teams are from the lower two divisions(Hull coming from the bottom division only a few seasons ago) So either going up would be fantastic!

The only reason for me favouring Bristol City slightly would be because Trundle moved there from Swansea City, my team.

Ah, you got on at 1000-1 back in last June?? :twisted:

The best today is now 7/5 with centrebet by the way...

Ref the play offs, it may be prudent to give Kings X a wide berth on Sunday morning... Hull fans going home, Leeds and Donny heading down

Should be interesting 8O

I wish someone else was coming up - Hull or Bristol City will be another Derby next season.

At the end of the day the squad they have has struggled in Div 1 and they are going to struggle to attact any players that can keep them up. Look at all the players Derby signed in January for proof that old but experienced players can't cut it. The only place they may get players from are the three teams that went down and there isn't much quality there.

In the same vein I would say the same about stoke and think that WBA with their recent experience in the premiership have a chance of staying up.

Just like when people say the top 4 teams are boring because no-one can "break into" it the same can be said when there are 1 or 2 teams that just can't even remotely compete in the league and are relegate by March/April.

All in all I think the best solution would be to give myself final say on who is in the premiership. That way the scum (Manchester United), Aston Villa and both dirty Scouse teams wouldn't be starting next season. Now all I need to decide is who to replace them.

B.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tommycooker1914 Army Reserve 59
tommycooker1914 Army Reserve 21
antphilip Army Reserve 1