Huhne admits guilt, resigns as MP and PC, sentence pending

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pyianno, Feb 5, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I felt sorry for the bloke. It wasn't the crime of the century, and I doubt his intentions were malicious.

However, if you get caught, the correct course of action is to own up and take the punishment. Had he done that when this first came to light, he may even have been able to salvage his career.

Instead, he said the following:

He first makes a blatant attempt to distance himself from it by pointing out the time frame, and then states that he's "taken responsibility". He didn't. In fact, he tried everything he could to wriggle out of it before finally accepting it when he had no other option.

• Like Like x 3
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I especailly like the bit "Having taken responsibility for something that happened 10 years ago".

It wasn't an accident, or an Act of god, or something that 'happened' to him, it was a crime, and one committed quite deliberately and in cold blood - it's not as if it was a rushed attempt to cover up a crime of passion, or similar.

Not once has he said sory, or that he was wrong, or that he is now a proven liar and criminal. He is a fine example of why the political class is held in such utter contempt by most of the people in the UK. The man is scum, or, has his own son called him, a ghastly man and a piece of shit. Coldn't have put it better myself.

• Like Like x 13
  3. Give the man his due though, he certainly throws himself on the ugly grenades!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 20 minutes wasted watching a hula hoop , thanks!

Wasted? Did I really say "wasted"

• Like Like x 4
  5. He may have perverted the course of justice, but not nearly as much as the Lib/Dems who voted NOT to reduce the number of MPs and NOT to equalise the number of voters per constituency. Clegg, Cable and their gang of Utopia dwellers have done, and continue to do, as much damage to the country as ever the failed oaf Brown achieved.

• Like Like x 6
  6. If you watch it long enough she gets her chebs oot.......honest!

7. What amazes me is that he's a millionaire and at the time was a MEP riding the Brussels gravy train

Take the 3 points, take the ban, hire a driver ( and probably get us mugs to pay for it through expenses)
    no problem career intact.

the Hula lady is interesting... her right hand is rotating CW the hoop is turning Anti CW her left hand just goes side to side...What? Just saying that's all...

8. Wasn't watching her hands to be honest.

Still not frankly.

9. What Hula Hoop?

Shiny

10. Nope,

I can see cernunnos's sig block just fine thanks :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. The wife will be next, she will be going down as she will be charged for perverting the course of justice, all this for a bit of female spite that knows no reason.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I reckon his ex is going to have a hard time proving she was coerced in to taking those points. Those phone recordings and emails are pretty damming of her rather than him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Legally, as I understand it, the onus is on her to PROVE the coercion. Surely must be more than wanting to remain Mrs MP. As pointed out elsewhere, Huhne could have taken the rap, taken the suspension and the points, and hired a chauffeur or taken taxis - all of which he could well afford - and nobody would have raised an eyebrow. The Emperor has done well with this one.

• Like Like x 2