Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hugo Boss claims Scouse slogan infringes copyright

Slime

LE
But no actual records, just salty old seadog dits, right?

Thanks for clearing that up.

I haven’t cleared anything up for you.

Why not visit, the the place is full of the original document due to the ship being made where it is now dry docked.

I haven’t cleared anything up for you.

Why not visit, the the place is full of the original document due to the ship being made where it is now dry docked.

Your claim regarding the origin of the word "posh" is mistaken and most likely incorrect. I will happily review any verifiable proof that you can present to the contrary.

Hearsay and myth are not proof.

They had a pop at a brewery from Swansea for calling a brew "Boss Beer"

Personally I think the Boxhead cnuts should shut the **** up and remember who won round 2.

Same for The Hobbit pub in Southampton, a huge legal battle over a small local pub that been called that for rather a long time

Hugo Boss.
The historically NAZI party supporting company that designed the uniforms for the Leibstandarte.

Be funny if the artist is a Jewish scouser.

I dont think something that happened 70 plus years ago has much to do with today. Most kraut companies at the time were pro Nazi.

Especially with the Nazis attitude to people of colour, surely it's racist for any lawyer to take on Hugo Boss as the defendant

According to Jesse Owen he was treated better in Nazi Germany than in his home nation.

Yokel

LE

Personally I think the Boxhead cnuts should shut the **** up and remember who won round 2.

There must be people with the surname Boss - are they not allowed to have companies? If there was a clothing company that used a brand like 'Hugo Ross' then they might have a point? Maybe they just want publicity and a daft bit of litigation is cheaper than an advertising campaign?

There must be legal precedents.

Anyone* who has a go at the Welsh gets my backing.

*Except the French obviously.

There must be people with the surname Boss - are they not allowed to have companies? If there was a clothing company that used a brand like 'Hugo Ross' then they might have a point? Maybe they just want publicity and a daft bit of litigation is cheaper than an advertising campaign?

There must be legal precedents.

It comes down to will people confuse the brand. With the scouser he had the word Boss on items of clothing, possibly why HB got arsey.

The brewery was also selling clothing.

Slime

LE
Your claim regarding the origin of the word "posh" is mistaken and most likely incorrect. I will happily review any verifiable proof that you can present to the contrary.

Hearsay and myth are not proof.

On a positive note, your description of a salty sea dog made me laugh out loud :)

It’s not quite how I would describe a very young boy or girl who have never been to sea, but as a complete guess on your part it was still funny :)

According to Jesse Owen he was treated better in Nazi Germany than in his home nation.

Because the Nazi were notorious for their love and good treatment of people of colour, rather than say using him to deflect from their racism

No that never happened of course

When Rocky was fighting communism , look who dressed his team

1601471257007.png

Because the Nazi were notorious for their love and good treatment of people of colour, rather than say using him to deflect from their racism

No that never happened of course

The Nazis didn't really have that many people of colour in the their country. They obviously didnt consider them the master race and werent treated very nicely but they were that few in number (20-25000) the Nazis had other concerns. They even allowed the Africa show for a few years.

UFOs The Lost Evidence - S2 Ep6 happened to be on. They were asking how Nazis produced such advanced technology and was alien technology involved. Break time - first advert was for Hugo Boss...

Businesses think they can trademark anything as a brand name.

I recall a number of years ago that Ralph Lauren, the fashion designer, sued the United States Polo Association (founded in 1890) when they changed their magazine for members from the lengthy "Journal of the United States Polo Association" to simply "Polo" as Lauren sold clothing under the brand name Polo.

As I recall Lauren lost that court case

I recall a number of years ago that Ralph Lauren, the fashion designer, sued the United States Polo Association (founded in 1890) when they changed their magazine for members from the lengthy "Journal of the United States Polo Association" to simply "Polo" as Lauren sold clothing under the brand name Polo.

Not really the same as this case though.

Edit although it looks as if Ralph Lauren won some money in the case.

Mint! Their claim was undoubtedly full of holes.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

The first rule of branding is that you can't copyright a general descriptor or a word in popular use. Quite why an organisation like Hugo Boss would need to be reminded of this remains one of life's great mysteries.

ches

LE
Maybe cos HB have form for being precious cocks who let their legal mongs go full retard for the slightest thing that 'may' have some potential to infringe upon their trading. They tried it a few years ago with some wee retailer in south wales or something.

The first rule of branding is that you can't copyright a general descriptor or a word in popular use. Quite why an organisation like Hugo Boss would need to be reminded of this remains one of life's great mysteries.
They didn't, it was because the scouser put it on clothing and it could be taken as a Hugo Boss item

Latest Threads