Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hugo Boss claims Scouse slogan infringes copyright

Chimp

ADC

This has the opportunity to upset people. As ever excellent, and I mean excellent reporting from the BBC as ever (that should upset TV Licence Deniers). This has Scousers our darlings of being upset and Hugo Boss with a dubious past
1601396965559.png
1601397050648.png

Also may revive stories of Hitler living in Liverpool, after the prequel and before his big event.

It’s Mr Potato Head all over again.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
We definitely need a WTF button.

Having worked in a few prisons over the years, the word "boss" is directed to the screws wardens when asking for a favour-directions-a question as in :- " please boss I need to see the Chaplin-take a dump-need more bog roll,- Whens visiting hours? etc etc"

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Good luck with trying to trade mark a word in general usage.

Hugo Boss.
The historically NAZI party supporting company that designed the uniforms for the Leibstandarte.

Be funny if the artist is a Jewish scouser.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hugo Boss.
The historically NAZI party supporting company that designed the uniforms for the Leibstandarte.

His initials are JC...

Dwarf

LE
I wish him luck when he takes on Springsteen

This has the opportunity to upset people. As ever excellent, and I mean excellent reporting from the BBC as ever (that should upset TV Licence Deniers). This has Scousers our darlings of being upset and Hugo Boss with a dubious past
View attachment 508326View attachment 508328
Also may revive stories of Hitler living in Liverpool, after the prequel and before his big event.

The Automobile Association are following this case with interest.

Hugo Boss.

Don't they claim to have only made them rather than having designed them? (Like it makes much difference)

Nowhere in the article does it say where they are made, so obviously not locally. Money is on cheap China labour.

Will they sue The Producers next for infringing copyright or any merchandising sold?

The Automobile Association are following this case with interest.

Surely VW will be following it also incase there is anything Nazi related they can claim copyright over

Having worked in a few prisons over the years, the word "boss" is directed to the screws wardens when asking for a favour-directions-a question as in :- " please boss I need to see the Chaplin-take a dump-need more bog roll,- Whens visiting hours? etc etc"

Northern Nicks only.

Southern softies called the Screw's/Officer's (not 'Wardens' so out of date); GUV.

For some unknown reason I was never addresses as either as I did not do 'favours'.

My parentage was often called into question but I wore it as a badge of honour. As in where is that B*st*rd Senior Officer Lok Dvr. (That was just the Wing Governor and the unit staff), the Villains called me 'Senior Officer NO'.

I do not believe the logo 'HUGO GUV' would have the same problems.

Yokel

LE
Hugo Boss not only supplied uniforms to the Nazis, they also funded the fledgling NSDAP. Why are companies allowed to benefit from their Nazi past? Shipyards, steelworks, aircraft firms - fair enough as they were legitimate war industries, but Hugo Boss? No!

Come to that AEG provided equipment used in the extermination camps, and IG Farben, suppliers of Zyklon B, still exist under another name.

Last edited:

Latest Threads