Hug a bomber! Hero Iraqi Copper saves many.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
What absolutely extraordinary bravery.

I think I know which of them Allah would welcome. Deserves the iraqi equivalent of the vc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using ARRSE mobile app

I think I know which of them Allah would welcome. Deserves the iraqi equivalent of the vc.
Surely he should be remembered. It makes me think that there may be some hope for Iraq after all. R.I.P. brave policeman.

And at the other extreme a Police woman and a pregnant woman strung up in a district of Afgh according to the i. Deaths attributed to extremists who don't like women in the workplace.
I get a distinct impression all hell will be let loose when we leave. Heroism and blind stupidity in equal measure. RIP the Policeman and may your god be with you.

Bloody Well Done to him.

RIP

I have got totally fed up this week as many radio programmes have been asking if Ronnie Biggs was a hero or loveable rogue.

what this copper did should be something that exemplifies the best of human morality and courage, rather than some scumbag that decided to just steal other folks money rather than work for it.

Good lad.

It's always going to be the logical choice - if you're close enough to throw yourself onto the suicide bomber, grenade, booby-trap, etc then you've had it anyway - but I'd imagine that it still takes simply enormous balls to actually make your body do it in that situation.

Medals for that man.

Good lad.

It's always going to be the logical choice - if you're close enough to throw yourself onto the suicide bomber, grenade, booby-trap, etc then you've had it anyway - but I'd imagine that it still takes simply enormous balls to actually make your body do it in that situation.

Medals for that man.
I seem to recall one incredibly nails (and probably quite lucky) IDF officer who managed to collar one of the blokes attacking his patrol about to throw a grenade and threw the bloke on top of his own grenade.

RIP to the Iraqi police officer. I do hope that his family will not be left out in the cold, I have an uneasy feeling that the Iraqi welfare is not quite up to European standards.

But if you turn and run, you may survive.

Logic doesn't come into it, IMHO.

But if you turn and run, you may survive.

Logic doesn't come into it, IMHO.
Very unlikely, but as you say - logic doesn't come in to it. Working it out coldly and calmly it's the sensible option - faced with an actual device it'd take enormous bravery.

I seem to recall one incredibly nails (and probably quite lucky) IDF officer who managed to collar one of the blokes attacking his patrol about to throw a grenade and threw the bloke on top of his own grenade.
Of course if you can manage that, then even better!