hubby's in iraq.. anyone else in the same boat?

Ello all,

i'm using his log on, but am after chatting with any other wives with the same fate! ta.

S.

Ive just come back and Mrs Fox has just gone out (we had a week together), both know the risks of serving, its happened before, its happening now and no doubt itll happen to us again.

i'm not serving, was just after chatting to other wives/ husbands of any description really. hope your wife is ok out there.

lmao, would that be what DH calls a 'compassionate F*&K?? lol. The time leading up to them going seems to go so quickly, then whilst there theyre it drags, then again we're at the end of our 5th week now, so only 19 more to go wooohoooo!

my other half was in afganistan earlier this year and that seemed to take ages till the tour ended it did my head right in. he is on excersice at the moment and its only been a few weeks and i miss him like crazy.

mines got the two weeks R&R some when in jan.. don't know when thou.... roll on jan (wink wink!)

get a dog, the time flies by with all that bloody walking and having to feed them.

ive got 2 who are just pups and are doing my head in as well, youre not me are you???

he he i've got two pups as well, if they can still be called that, a german shepard (19 months - v v vocal! esp when Hubbys away) and a Staffy (16 months lovley and quiet, except she chews my carpets...... urggggggggggggg little mare.

my to pups are 18 weeks and 14 weeks. both male border collies and there both little ba**ards. but the oldest one is really sweet tho he rests his head on my belly when im laying on the sofa i think he can sence that im pregnant bless him. there called blue and jakey.

Wellllllll....

Been perching and grinning at many of the posts on this board for sometime.....my fella being of the green clad variety, and being fucked off a week before christmas( hmmmmm...i could happily castrate the hierachy sometimes).......But..........That wouldn't be very nice really, nor would it be very ladylike, not that i pretend to be ladylike!

You just get on with it! Here one minute, gone the next, thats the army for ya....you either deal with it, or walk. I got a goodun, albeit married to the army, they come first, not me......But i wait, and its worth waiting for.

Several options really........Pine away, cos you miss em so much....... Or Get on with your life, and look forward to em coming home, and the week sexathon.... Or **** his mates(which personally for me isnt an option)......I guess those who are left waiting deal with it in our own way......Me personally..I just get on with my life...And never doubt, how ever many deployments, that he will come back to me..........And come back he does......The golden rule, keep ya man happy!!!

Waffle over, oooooooooooo and **** from a newbie too!!!

Make the most of it...when they have served their 22 you can't get rid of them........it all goes Pete Tong! :cry:

My H2B was away for 7 months last year and it was a hard time, my advise, dont watch the news, whenever you hear explosion or fighting paired with the word Iraq you panic and always unnessicarily. If anything happened, and hope be with them that it doesnt, then you would know before the news anyway. Mine sadly lost a friend out there in the bombings but he is back in one piece and i thank god that he is. just remember, be happy when you talk to them, let them know you are ok and that you are coping, according to H2B there is nothing worse than sobbing on the phone or hundreds of "i miss you" in the letters, it just makes them feel sad. Let them know you love them and you'll be there when they get back.

My fella's off to Iraq next week with the Marines - this is all new to me as we haven't been together too long and he's only in the reserves, longest he's been away up till now is 15 days. So not looking forward to it, but can't quite seem to get my head round the fact that he'll be gone for so long (he'll be away for as long as we've known each other so far).

I figured you just gotta get on and do all the stuff you'd want to do for yourself anyway. that way (I hope) it won't feel like you're just sat round waiting for 'em to come back, with the added bonus of time passing quicker!

I agree with the phone call / letter advice too - mine says he'd much rather hear about what i've been up to - it's taken as read that you're gonna miss each other like fcuk. Besides which, I'd rather seem/feel like i've got a life and don't need someone around 24/7 to keep me company, can manage perfectly well on me own, ta very much!! :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
quiller The Intelligence Cell 7
S The Intelligence Cell 5
L The Intelligence Cell 71