Huawei E585 Unlocking Help

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by beemer007, Mar 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, I'm aware fleabay has numerous people offering the service but I'd like to know if any Arrsers have managed it themselves & could possibly assist?

I've even managed to aquire a list of APN settings to use GPRS for numerous Countries but none of the wiser, so any techies available to post or PM me an idiots guide as my Knowledge in these things has it's limits.

No doubt the usual abuse & pi$$ taking will hijack at some point.
  2. What the ****'s "Huawei" is Nissan's North East UK plant making smart phones now??? Huawei, they never are, like?
  3. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

not done a huey but unlocking is usually pretty simple. there might even be a freeware unlock code generator somewhere.
  4. They probably make the phone you use, just under the Sony/Nokia/Samsung brand. They now want a piece of the action themselves.
  5. reckon u might be right mate!
  6. SD,

Cheers for the link but still none of the wiser due to its update, ive been on youtube for the demos & guides available but my last resort is to purchase an unlocked version if needs be.
  7. If its any help I used this ebay unlocker, successfully on my Huawei E586 last month. They take payment via paypal, IIRC it was around £7. 3 charge £15.99 and will take a number of days to respond.

Once I sent payment they replied via email within an hour, with full instructions. IIRC I had to place a different sim card into the device to get the unlock to proceed. They were also very quick to respond when the first attempt failed to work.
    • Like Like x 1

8. Why not make these instructions public?
  9. If you check the website you will find there is a huge resource of assistance in their FAQ section, the bit they don't make public is the unlock code itself.
    I can vouch that the code they sent me worked fine on 2nd attempt after getting some assistance from them, which was impressively fast for an ebay type deal. I think from selection of the unlocker to having a fully unlocked working mifi unit was under 90 minutes. This particular dealer is UK based, so there was none of the problems you may encounter from eastern european or asian dealers. That helped a lot.