Huawei Ascend P6

Ok, just bought me one of these and, in all honesty, first impressions are VERY good. Weighs next to nothing, so slim it's like it's anorexic, had the bugger rooted within seconds, screen is crystal clear, is the only phone on the market that I know of which has a mode you can switch on so it actually works when you're wearing gloves :)omfg:), etc.

Still playing with it but should easily get several days out of the battery, is upgradeable to KitKat, just have to get rid of most of the pre-installed crap now and customise it to my own preferences.

So far, definitely recommended as a decent phone for the money spent (€399 sim-free here, £310 sim-free in the UK). If you're in the market for a new phone, you should take a gander at this one instead of spending much more on the likes of an equivalent Samsung, LG, HTC or Sony unless 4G connectivity is a must for you.

I've used a rebranded version of one of their phones for just about a year.... It's... Meh!

In terms of benchmarks and the like it was very close to par with the big guns back when it came out. But 12 months of use definitely show a raggedness of construction that I wouldn't expect from even considerably cheaper "name" phones.

While not top end, in terms of power to price ratio the Motorola Moto G is a bit hard to beat right now.

I rather like my HTC One, bags of battery power, nice display, camera works well enough for what I use it for even if the pixel count is lower than average now.

I've used a rebranded version of one of their phones for just about a year.... It's... Meh!

In terms of benchmarks and the like it was very close to par with the big guns back when it came out. But 12 months of use definitely show a raggedness of construction that I wouldn't expect from even considerably cheaper "name" phones.

While not top end, in terms of power to price ratio the Motorola Moto G is a bit hard to beat right now.
I looked at that and no SD-card was a killer to me. Otherwise, that is a good phone for the money too.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
htc and ztc seem to be the future frontrunners from china.

oldbaldy

LE
HTC is from Taiwan, might upset them calling them Chinese before they have been invaded.

They're also looking decidedly dodgy these days.

What the chinks have done is copied the Samsung galaxey range which they build for Samsung. Well I never. Who would have thought the chinks would do something like that .

Huawei are quite an advanced technology company, they can make their own stuff.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
HTC is from Taiwan, might upset them calling them Chinese before they have been invaded.
they call themselves chinese though which is why the US has a two china policy.. and they outsource a lot to big china.

Xiaomi are making a spirited push, too.

Brought to you by the good people at The Internet.

Take a look on the gov.tw website and see what they call themselves.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
^ROC and PRC :)

they call themselves chinese though which is why the US has a two china policy.. and they outsource a lot to big china.
The US doesn't, though. They put considerable pressure on A-Bian to stop him pursuing anything of the sort.

Huawei are quite an advanced technology company, they can make their own stuff.
My mate Dave's mate heard down the Dog and Vomit that BT are a bit lairey of having let them into a research site: so much so that they've hoofed them out of a main building and into a stand-alone area.

Or it may have been my mate Frank's mate.

The panic over Huawei is amusing to watch. They have that many people watching over them and yet nothing has been found.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
beemer007 Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets 11
regular_imbiber Mobile Phones 4
beemer007 Economics 1