Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

http://www.zabalahermanos.com/

Has anyone got access to this website? I’m Vodafone and it’s chinned me off. I just need a manufacturing date for my S/S if you don’t mind. Ser no. is 29545

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought this was going to be a spam post...

The stamps on it are 1929-1931 temp and then proper proof marks. I just wanted to see if it was older pre-proof. Thanks again

cut and pasted the website address tried 4 times and each time was sent to a different advertising website, typed the address manually and ended up on a page offering to sell me the website.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Recognising the url to be Spanish, I searched for "zabala hermanos" There's a lot of stuff to be seen and if the OP browses the results, you may find more help.

jmb3296

War Hero
There were three separate companies using Zabala in their names. Zabala Hermanos were a stand alone company but are no longer trading.
My son got a sxs made by them two years ago.
Like all Spanish gun makers they followed wed (since I think the 1950s and perhaps even earlier) a standard Spanish numbering convention at the proof house. You can decode it to get the manufacturer and year of manufacture from the letters and numbers. We did it for the Zabala Hermanos and an AYA.
We had to go to generic Spanish serial number websites to do it, can’t recall which ones.
The Zabala Hernandez branded websites I found to be defunct and a bit of a rabbit hole not taking us anywhere useful.

Last edited:
There were three separate companies using Zabala in their names. Zabala Hermanos were a stand alone company but are no longer trading.
My son got a sxs made by them two years ago.
Like all Spanish gun makers they followed wed (since I think the 1950s and perhaps even earlier) a standard Spanish numbering convention at the proof house. You can decode it to get the manufacturer and year of manufacture from the letters and numbers. We did it for the Zabala Hermanos and an AYA.
We had to go to generic Spanish serial number websites to do it, can’t recall which ones.
The Zabala Hernandez branded websites I found to be defunct and a bit of a rabbit hole not taking us anywhere useful.
There was a website I saw sometime ago and for the life of me cannot think of it's name. It showed lots of Spanish proof marks with a date range for each, plus other info that would enable you to approximate the date.
I also recall there was a note that the Spanish were notorious for not recording things correctly.

There was a website I saw sometime ago and for the life of me cannot think of it's name. It showed lots of Spanish proof marks with a date range for each, plus other info that would enable you to approximate the date.
I also recall there was a note that the Spanish were notorious for not recording things correctly.
Was it this one?

3" Sure it wasn't a naval gun?
1439934815-droneshot.jpg

The 3-inch, 12-gauge, anti-drone branded ammo comes in two flavors of steel, number 2 shot and BB. But other than a box with art that would fit right in inside an apocalypse prepper's paranoid bunker, there's no real evidence this ammo would be any better than similar shells with more pedestrian branding.

Latest Threads