http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/defence/9902646/Thieves-stea

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Kitmarlowe, Mar 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And very difficult to pass off you'd have thought.

2. Words fail me. How low will people stoop just for money.

3. If anyone lives in the area.....

4. Terrible..... Unfortunately not too difficult to pass off, so many older medals have no number rank and name around the rims like more modern ones. Many won't be worth much, and will be sold for a fiver or so each ~ especially some of the 'stars'. Even the GM without paperwork provenence would only be a couple of hundred max. Far worse is the breakup of an amazing collection and its history.
    Couldn't this be moved to the Walts section and they could all contibute some of their collections to the cause of replacement?

5. Ah feck I dunno. No interest in awards myself as I find the trade in them a tad creepy but I know guys who buy/sell them and they seem to have had the same stock for about the last decade.

Without provenance.... Meh! Scrap value maybe. Although I suppose that'll do for some folk.

6. Yep, priceless to the family though ~ thats what the shites don't realise when they nick them