HTC One

Ritch

LE
I've just got an HTC One to replace my Desire S. I have to say that this phone is bloody fantastic and a lot better than my missus' iPhone.

Viewing ARRSE on here is so much easier too and a lot better than the app that was installed.

An iPhone killer? Definitely!

Ritch

LE
I have the HTC 8S, and had the Wildfire before that, I really rate HTC phones. ;)

In my opinion, HTC make the better phone. This one is brilliant to use.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 beats my old iPhone 4 and my son's iPhone 5 into a deep, soggy hole. When it's time to replace my iPad it'll be with a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or 12. Apple's dominance of the phone and tablet market is crumbling.

Samsung are crap...and thats about all I have to say about that...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Not too impressed with my HTC One at the moment, the loudspeakers have gone tits up on it after the last update, works ok with the headset, but **** all use without them.

First time I've heard anything good about HTC and also bad about Samsung other than battery life.

I had a Samsung years ago, the phone itself was full of great features but reception was shite!

alib

LE
I have one, it's fine, good speakers, find I use it mainly as a radio. I sort of miss my old dumb phone when I'm actually using it as a phone. Also no removable battery

Ive got a HTC and its that good I bought another one for when I smash this one.

Battery life could be better but can be managed if you stick a charger in the car and leave spare chargers all over the place.

I was a huge blackberry fan up until the Q10 and wouldn't be told otherwise, it was only the shitness of the later blackberries that made me change to the htc, it took a day to get used to the new handset and never looked back, best bit of kit I've ever had.

Motorola moto g gives I phone a run for its money and at only £90ish well worth a look at !!

Ritch

LE
Not too impressed with my HTC One at the moment, the loudspeakers have gone tits up on it after the last update, works ok with the headset, but **** all use without them.

Must be your phone as I downloaded the update and there's no trouble with them on my end?

Both Frau Flaggie and Miss Flaggie have the HTC One (their husband, father and financier being stuck with an ancient Desire). As of a couple of months back, the mic on Miss Flaggie's works only if she switches to speaker mode. Most weird, especially as both phones are on the same version of Android, same provider, bought within a couple of weeks of each other.

Anyone else run into this?

Other than that, agree with the OP -- beautiful phones, and can't wait till I become eligible for my next cheap device upgrade from Swisscom in the autumn.

B

bokkatankie

My latest is the LG G Flex, great phone, great looking and way better than the Samsung 5 I nearly got.

As to I Phones, hope you enjoy destroying your eyesight trying to read anything on them!

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Ive got a HTC and its that good I bought another one for when I smash this one..

Wotesaid...me too as well also.

My HTC Desire Mk1 is now ( according to wanky Carphone Warehouse) beyond economic repair...I am officially bereft as I have loved it from day 1....looking to replace with HTC Mini when I can find sufficient non-essential beer tokens.

Latest Threads