HTC Media Link Questions

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by TheresaMay, Aug 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheresaMay

TheresaMay LE Moderator DirtyBAT

I recently got a HTC One S on my new contract and saw on one of the "How-to" videos about uploading the media to your TV. It uses an accessory called a Media Link, which wirelessly connects to your phone, whilst plugging directly into your TV's HDMI port. And the phone itself operates 1080 HD media

Now being a bit of a pikey I only have a HD Ready TV (and not the full 1080 spec), and I've tried to find the answer to this but I think most of the specs online now just assume we're all with the times and have full 1080 HD TVs.

So my question is (before I go and fork out £40 for one of these) - will it still work with the standard HD TVs, or will I have to part with my hard-earned* cash and go and buy a new telly?

We need a new telly anyway I think - if the benefit thieving scumbags can have a 50" plasma, then I figure I need to maybe get one too. It looks like a pretty decent bit of kit with a lot of potential, and I know there are plenty of HTC users on here cos you all brag about it everytime you post...

"Sent from my HTC do-dah using my sausage fingers etc"

Attached Files: