HTC Desire HD

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by AFA06, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am the proud owner of one of these things. It's an excellent piece of kit and does far more than I will ever get my head around but I have found one drawback.

I have searched various gadget and mobile outlets and Googled the phone to search the internet until my eyes started to bleed but I cannot find any accesories for it. I am looking for a good quality car kit and a good docking station which charges it and lets me play my music. Unfotunately, it seems that every manufacturer has bought into the iPhone and is ignoring the HTC (which charges etc via a mini USB).

Has anyone who owns one of these found any useful accesories for it?
  2. HHH

HHH LE

Have a look on this forum

desire music stand - Android Forums
  3. As HHH's link states, manufacturers go where the money is. Bluetooth would be my choice. I use a Bury universal car kit supplied by work for the nokia they supply me with, but with an HTC charging adapter. The nokia gets a bog standard car charger, and dumped in the drinks holder.

Sent from my Desire HD
  4. If the adapter works as you hope it will within an iPhone dock, I'd make sure that the DHD is supported - you don't want to knack the micro USB port on the phone by leaving it unsupported.

Sent from my Desire HD
  5. DHD?
  6. D(esire)HD

Sent from my Desire HD
  7. Good phone, except for the process you have to go through to access it and the battery life is crap.
  8. What process for access?

I've found the battery life is inversely proportional to the amount of work I put the processor under. If I'm not using it, and it's in standby, the battery lasts over 24hrs. If I'm playing games, surfing the internets, and watching downloaded pr0n via RockPlayer, then the battery life is measured in a few hours. Since I am rarely more than an hour from a supply - car/ mains/ laptop battery life is rarely an issue. If it is, I disable wifi, and use the DHD just as a phone rather than a multi function connected device.

Sent from my Desire HD
  9. Not sure of the process you are going on about. The battery life is the same as for any other smart phone and depends what you are doing with it. Although I do speak of a HTC Desire and not the HTC Desire HD, but I can't imagine much difference.
  10. Have to agree - which is why I bought two spare batteries from Amazon for about £4-5 each
  11. Careful when purchasing stands from ebay. My missus had an HTC but the recharging stand was from China and just charged it solidly until the battery burnt out.