HSE/Disability/HR/PC ????

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Gren, Oct 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure which one covers this, but im sure at least one of them does.

Anyway, cashpoint machines is my gripe.

Ok, I understand, people in wheelchairs, cannot get up as high as most normal people, but, why do cashpoint machines now have to be so fookin low down?

I have to bend down to see the screen, being as tall as I am, just to be able to see when the damn things ask me to type in my number, so my arguement is this.

Why the feck do they have to make them so low for wheelchair bound people, but do not give a shit about taller people who have to lean over at stupid angles just to be able to read the requests on the screens?

Surely there is a ruling somewhere that should compensate for those of us not considered as dwarfs?

Why not just put two machines in a wall, one for stumpy fecks, and one for normal height people?

Is it too much to ask?

Assuming over 6' is normal in this inbred age!

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

You call that cash machine equal rights disability madness? I see your bending over (oo er) and raise you this:

The US, home of the drive-thru everything, is no stranger to the use of drive-thru cash points.. sorry, "ATMs". In order to provide a fair service to their disabled customers, these ATMs come with braille on the keys.

And yes, I know that they'll be standard keys not fitted specifically for the use of blind car drivers - but it still sounds funny!

3. You selfish long-legged bAstard! You sir can bend over, when I am pisssed on my knees it is impossible to get up to the 'normal' cash point :p

4. I see your ATM and raise you the Supermarket Trolley.

The deep buggers, getting the last crate out of the bottom of one of those plays havoc with my back.

Manual Handling procedures state that I should use Kinectic Lifting methods to hoist my case of Boddingtons out of the trolley, but, if I bend my knees I can't reach the fcuker.

Should I collapse with a muscle spasm in my lower back caused by Military Service and agravated by ASDA, writhe around, (well actually swear and try and keep still as withing would hurt somewhat!! :oops: )

Do you think a good brief could get me a few bob for that in our new compensation culture??

Personally I would rather ASDA provide more of the higher shallower trolleys, SWMBO can't get so much shopping in them once I've loaded my essentials

5. Put your beer in the baby seat :)

6. They don't make baby seats that big round here, but, I see where you're coming from.

However if the case of beer somehow slipped out of the baby seat and crushed a tiny sprog, would I not get done for misuse of a baby seat?

They don't seem to have restraints on the baby seats anymore.

7. A septic colleague proudly pointed this out to me when in the US.
    I asked him as ATM's have the instructions on the screen (enter PIN, what would you like to do?-check balance-make a withdrawl etc) with eight buttons around the screen for the answers (not in braille obviously as the questions and aswers change each screen) and the machine does not use a recorded message, how would a blind person interogate the machine effectively even if it had braille?

The reply was something like this.........long pause.......Loudly spoken"It's in Braille"

WTF am I missing?

8. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Strangely, such an obvious point had never occurred to me. Think I was too busy laughing at the blind drivers.