HRH the Prince of Wales and P Coy

#1
I saw that at the unveiling of the Battle of Britain memorial Charlie was wearing para wings. Can anyone tell me if he has done P Coy or did he do an Idi Amin?
 
#2
To the best of my knowledge, he did not do P Coy - nor did he do the full course at Abingdon or Brize. As I remember it, he did a single water jump.
 
#3
What does his mum's regs say about that?

Can anyone remember the story below?


In 1996, Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Jeremy Boorda committed suicide when he learned that a reporter was about to disclose he had wrongly worn two Combat V pins on a Bronze Star, a medal that does not denote valor under fire.


and another note from the States, where it is a Federal offence to wear combat medals, ribbons or insignia that you did not earn. There are more than double the 124 living recpients of the Medal of Honor that openly claim to have won it!
 
#5
So does that mean all the Crabs wearing wings are not para trained?

I jumped 10 feet from a Scout while on a recce once - does that count? :wink:
 
#6
I can't comment on the crabs equivalent to P Coy because I didn't do it but it's not P Coy. That will give them F*ckers on their copycat forum, something to rant about.
 
#8
No but you have to pass P coy (Army) first (unless of course you have just passed selection or have done the Commando course) to be able to do the jumps course at Brize. Other wise, get yourself a nice 'lightbulb' and wear it on your sleave.
 
#9
Well, he did this bit anyway...

 
#12
I would like to stand there, pick peanuts out of poo and examine what parts of the course he did and didn't do and whether that had been anyone else, they would of passed and been entitled to wear the coverted BBC but given the fact that he holds the rank of HRH and his Mum is the Boss, maybe we should tolerate it?
 
#13
Harry's got a Golden Jubilee, so why can't charles have wings?
 
#14
On being appointed Colonel-in-Chief of the Parachute Regiment, a few months before he was 30, The Prince asked to take part in the parachute training course.

The Prince felt he could not "look them in the eye" or wear the Parachute Regiment's famous beret and wings badge unless he had done the course, he told his biographer, Jonathan Dimbleby, 15 years later.

"I felt I should lead from the front or at least be able to do some of the things that one expects others to do for the country," said The Prince.
Make your own mind up.
 
#15
stickybomb said:
On being appointed Colonel-in-Chief of the Parachute Regiment, a few months before he was 30, The Prince asked to take part in the parachute training course.

The Prince felt he could not "look them in the eye" or wear the Parachute Regiment's famous beret and wings badge unless he had done the course, he told his biographer, Jonathan Dimbleby, 15 years later.

"I felt I should lead from the front or at least be able to do some of the things that one expects others to do for the country," said The Prince.
Make your own mind up.

Been there, done that. Bugger me. Ugly he may be but he has done pretty much everything.
 
#16
He doesn't seem like the kind of chap to wear them if he's not entitled too, quite apart from the fact that he's Colonel-in-Chief of the Parachute Regiment and I'm sure they'd pick up on it. According to here - http://www.regiments.org/biography/royals/1948chas.htm - he gained his parachute wings on 21 Apr 78, although how he got them it of course doesn't say. As Brave2Nothing states, they're probably RAF para iwngs (he is also entitled to wear RAF wings as he is a fully qualified pilot, having flown many types including Harrier, Nimrod and Spitfire).

Post submission edit - right stickybomb seems to have the gen dit.
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#17
Bravo2nothing said:
No but you have to pass P coy (Army) first (unless of course you have just passed selection or have done the Commando course) to be able to do the jumps course at Brize. Other wise, get yourself a nice 'lightbulb' and wear it on your sleave.
Or get a "CO's Pass".

There are a number of 'leading lights' that have received these, including at least one who awarded it to himself.
 
#18
Cutaway said:
Bravo2nothing said:
No but you have to pass P coy (Army) first (unless of course you have just passed selection or have done the Commando course) to be able to do the jumps course at Brize. Other wise, get yourself a nice 'lightbulb' and wear it on your sleave.
Or get a "CO's Pass".

There are a number of 'leading lights' that have received these, including at least one who awarded it to himself.
WTF????Seriously?
 
#19
Why would he not have done P coy it is not as if it is hard!! Most of the lads that went to his school could pass it at 18 with no additional training.

Don't be fooled in to thinking he is soft because he is privileged and royalty.

You lot doubting our future King should be ashamed; in fact you should be sent to the tower!

Dave
 
#20
Cutaway said:
Bravo2nothing said:
No but you have to pass P coy (Army) first (unless of course you have just passed selection or have done the Commando course) to be able to do the jumps course at Brize. Other wise, get yourself a nice 'lightbulb' and wear it on your sleave.
Or get a "CO's Pass".

There are a number of 'leading lights' that have received these, including at least one who awarded it to himself.
WTF????Seriously?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top