HRH Prince Charles in Afghanistan

Report on BBC R5 Live prince charles is just back from a 2 day visit to kabul and Bastion.

The Prince of Wales has visited Afghanistan to meet British troops and thank them for their service.

Prince Charles laid a wreath at a memorial to those who have died in Afghanistan and visited a hospital where many of the wounded receive care.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8587513.stm

Well played HRH

For obvious reasons, I'm not a great admirer of monarchies in general, but I've nothing but the most profound respect and admiration for the Brit Royal Family - all of them. Their staunch and unflagging support of the UK Armed Forces is something that should serve as a shining example to the vile bunch of knobbers masquerading as politicians in the UK.

Chas, in particular, deserves special recognition. Not only has he served himself (in the Crabs and the Andrew, but we'll let him off with that), but he also has first-hand experience of the anguish suffered by relatives at home when their kinfolk are up the sharp end. You can be sure that what he says comes from the heart and isn't just a sound-bite for the media. Well done him. Brilliant skills.

MsG

"He went to the main British base at Camp Bastion and travelled to a base involved in a major offensive against the Taliban, Operation Moshtarak." Well done HRH more than the politicos do.
My son happened to mention the other day that he was popping in to say hello to the lads.

Loving the saucy lads' mag pages on the wall in the background of one of these BBC piccies:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/8587910.stm

3rd picture along; also featuring upside down Union Flag.

I wonder how long that'll be in the BBC's photo album?

Red7 said:
What did the PM do when he went over? Stayed overnight in Bastion or Kandahar wasn't it?
Used the lads as props to deflect the flak he got following his appearance at the Iraq enquiry the day before, that's what. The guy's a fcukin shallow cock.

HRH on the other hand, is a top man :salut:

Being a septic sort I am less familiar with royalty but one thing I noticed is that in all the pictures I have seen of politicians (mine and your) over there the politicians seem a bit out of place. HRH Prince Charles looked like he belonged there and fitted right in with the troops. He seemed quite comfortable. His comments also were totally appropriate.

It seems a good thing to have leaders who are not politicians. Politicians of any political hue and whatever country seem loathsome. HRH seems quite admirable.

Great to see HRH out there, if the polititians were as sincere as the Royal Family then they would have votes galore, sadly we have a bunch of scabby leeches out to look good and line their pockets.

What would be the greatest thing this country is to see the lot of them taken out and flogged, then have their children put in a set of deserts and put onboard a c17 just so they can work at their suntans at the tax payers expence.

To all the troops out there in whatever theatre well done and get home safely. :D

Excellent to see Prince Charles out with the lads,what a top bloke,now he is ready to be a king!(RESPECT!!!)
I,d love to have seen him letting loose with a belt of 7.62mm at the turbanned ones,but we can,t have it all our own way....maybe next time he visits there will be one of our Countries enemies to shoot at....I hope so.....keep it up Charles,the boys need a king that will put himself on the front line!!!!!The men respect a leader who has the balls to be at the shitty end with the troops.