Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"HPDeviceMonitoring (dot) framework"

will damage your computer.

Anyone else getting this on a Mac?
Seems it's a real thing, but I don't trust the internet advice on getting it sorted!
Any help?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The topic I found on how to remove was archived 7 years ago. Curious how this reached you.

It's allegedly probably just an overzealous anti-malware scan (or, *dons tinfoil hat* Apple trying to kneecap Amazon, with HP hit by mistake).

Saw that. It's also messed up the Webloc icons on the screen?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
HP computer drivers are a pile of shite.

IIRC the Windows XP and Win7 drivers actually used bastardised and hacked Windows code to make them work.

Basically HP re-wrote sections of windows and that's why HP printer drivers are 150MB+ size.

HP hardware = good.
HP software = shite.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

IIRC the Windows XP and Win7 drivers actually used bastardised and hacked Windows code to make them work.

Basically HP re-wrote sections of windows and that's why HP printer drivers are 150MB+ size.

HP hardware = good.
HP software = shite.
Explains my last experiences with HP printers. I'd used them for decades. Absolutely rock solid and reliable. Then it stopped working. I found myself, every time I wanted to print or anything, telling the PC to forget the printer and downloading new printer drivers. Eventually more stuff was breaking than I was fixing.

Son in law works for a significant bespoke server manufacturer. He uses a Canon printer at home. So do I now.

HP hardware = good.
HP software = shite.
I couldn’t agree more and used HP printers for many years. For models likely to be used in corporate environments (eg OfficeJet models etc) it was possible to find “enterprise” drivers (Windows typically) buried in the various downloads for the model. This gave you just the printer driver and none of the extraneous, “I want control”, bloatware.
Of course, if you had your printer long enough, you’d probably find a suitable driver already included in the OS.

Seems it was due to the OS licence not being signed off. Had to reinstall a driver.
Still not right.Cannot scan to computer as the printer does not recognise the Mac. Prints from the Mac.
And I still have the annoying pop up on the screen as well.
(Begins to look at Canon products)....

chrismcd

Old-Salt
Cannot scan to computer as the printer does not recognise the Mac. Prints from the Mac.
Yes, HP did the same to me as part of an 'upgrade' - a security feature forsooth!
I took the hint and bought a Brother 'All in one'. Good kit and much cheaper than Cannon on the day.

My best HP was my first one!

Latest Threads