HP Sauce violated by evil American health freaks

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Cuddles, Sep 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Those cads of american food companies, not content with fooking about our chocolate, are messing around with one of the most sacred of British food icons.

HP sauce was invented in 1895 and provided a little sparkle, in much the way Tabasco does today, to M&V/Machonocie rations in both World Wars. Indeed whilst mooching through a hedgerow near Gommecourt, I found what I thought was a beer bottle but on excavating it I discovered it was an HP sauce bottle. Other battle-field combers I know have found them.

However the Americans, having shifted production to the NL, are now responsible for a great wrong - the reduction of salt in the sauce recipe in line with health advice. It takes feeble and weak compared to the machoi joy that was a glug of brown sauce. somewhere out there I know is an RAVC vet whose food will no longer taste of anything at all!

2. If people werent so outraged about me (alledgedly) being Mike Tiereny Id be ******* outraged. it looks like the gloop that comes out of my foot. Alledgedly.

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

HP Sauce if ******* rank.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Same as butterscotch Angel Delight, it doesn't taste anything like it used to. Why have they got to mess with something that works.

• Like Like x 2
  5. A. HP production moved to Netherlands why? Now i have Branston instead.
    B. Lower salt does not matter i have Branston, **** about with British products and i go onto the next nearest British product.
    C. Won't eat the Chocolate that has been taken over by that American company that treated employees like shit.
    D. If everyone did this in England then perhaps Johnny foreigner will not want to buy our companies............
    E. Rant set to "SAFE".

• Like Like x 5
  6. Ravers

HP Sauce is ******* rank.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HP sauce is worse than ******* rank.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maybe its just years of beer that have changed your taste buds?

9. Nope......it's always been worse than ******* rank.

10. I mean things from your past: Jelly tots, Wagon Wheels, Babies heads. Do they taste different because you are older?

11. HP Sauce was bloody lovely on a bacon sarnie at 02 dark o'clock, after spending 3 hourspulling some daft tankie from a bog on Soltau TA.

HP Sauce, at least that's what my crewman told me it was.

Er...Come to think of it...

• Like Like x 2
  12. HP sauce - known in parliment as "Wilson's Gravy" - has long been my favourite even though my taste buds have changed over the years, as they do. I could probably still enjoy it with a bit less salt. Mind you, I would rather that the Americans hadn't taken over this tiny bit of Britishness.

13. I always use Branston Bite anyway, thinking about that, time to get some bacon and have a late lunch involving Tiger Bread, crispy bacon, Branston bite and a cup of coffee (Not Instant).

• Like Like x 2
  14. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

Quite agree with you rcgj. Just don't try Tiptree Brown Sauce. It's sweeter than a sweet thing with extra sweets in it.

15. Ravers

HP Sauce is ******* rank.

• Like Like x 1