HP 3050 wireless printer problem

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by womblefruit, Dec 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys, would appreciate a little technical help as I'm a complete technophobe.

I've got a HP 3050 wireless printer whichy has worked perfecftly for a good year or so now. Tried printing some docs yesterday and am getting on the print screeen 'NO printer installed." I then click on 'Add printer' to which I get the message The active directory domain services is no longer available.

The printer IS connected and the Wi-fi is running fine as it scans documents quite happily. I just can't print anything.

All advice greatfully recevied guys, and please imagine that you are explaining to a 5 year old!

2. Try un-installing the software from uninstall or change program reboot your pc then re-install the software from the cd that came with your printer if you do not have a CD then go to HP website and download the drivers from HP support. You could also go to youtube as there should be a tutorial on this. Good luck
  3. Do you connect to a domain? This means do you log onto a server or is your PC standalone? If the first you need to check the printer exists in active directory.

More likely that you have a standalone so download the latest drivers install them and if that doesn't fix it go here and go to section 2:

Printer problems in Windows - Microsoft Windows

Download the diag and see what it says. It's easier than talking you through checking your services etc.