Howzit guys, Im looking for some info...

Discussion in 'Southern Africa' started by futurebootie, Dec 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's the thing,
    I was looking to join the RM after my education but at the moment Im getting all sorts of obstacles in my way...
    E.g. my eyesight and suchlike.

I also have great interest in joining an Armoured Reg and the SANDF's Armoured Corps doesn't look that bad.

I'm doing a Cambridge course through Brainline and hope to achieve the HIGCSE qualification..
    Does anyone know how the GCSE and HGCSE related to South African certificates?
    Specifically the Senior certificate (Matric)..

Also do you okes know if the medical requierments are very strict?
    Im 15 and am very fit, Im a swimmer, martial artist, and lifeguard..
    It's just my eyesight that could pose a problem.

Shot for any advice gents.

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Is there not still the little problem of SA guys serving in HM forces being labled as criminal mercs back home, or are you going to skip the homeland for good anyway?

3. I don't know..
    I have a Brit passport (My dad's from Crawley) but at the moment my eyesight is giving me hassles..
    My first choice would be RM or RAC and I hope I can..
    but i have to find other alternative just in case.

4. So just stop w*nking, ouen.

Impossible, I know :D

5. SANDF? No ways boet, rather join the British or Aussie army. If you want a real bush army thats still very British go for Aus army and then get Aus citizenship in 6 months and then the SA goverment cant touch you. I'm still deciding between British and Aus but Aus looks very promising.

6. Is Aus's requirements less strict?
    and do they take Saffas?

7. haha ja meneer ek sal...
    fokken mal bru

9. [/quote]

SANDF? No ways boet, rather join the British or Aussie army. If you want a real bush army thats still very British go for Aus army and then get Aus citizenship in 6 months and then the SA goverment cant touch you. I'm still deciding between British and Aus but Aus looks very promising.[/quote]

Is Aus's requirements less strict?
    and do they take Saffas?[/quote]

Ya it is less strict and they do but you need an Aus permanent residency visa.

10. SANDF? No ways boet, rather join the British or Aussie army. If you want a real bush army thats still very British go for Aus army and then get Aus citizenship in 6 months and then the SA goverment cant touch you. I'm still deciding between British and Aus but Aus looks very promising.[/quote]

Is Aus's requirements less strict?
    and do they take Saffas?[/quote]

Ya it is less strict and they do but you need an Aus permanent residency visa.[/quote]

Oh ok thanks bud.

11. Dude you have got to be joking join the SANDF??? What a joke our army has become. Join a real army (I chose the British) and dont look back. Be proud of what our army was but ashamed of what it is.

Jan