How's Modernity Gents

I spent the weekend at a biker bash in a medieval fort and slept in a tent in the woods. I did consider for a moment about possibly dying from tree fall in the high winds, but since I was pissed, I didnt consider long before falling asleep.

Bad news for you lot. We have power as of 10 minutes ago, so I'm baaaack.
Don't get too excited. My Dad (near Fraserburgh) lost all power on Friday night. Restored at 23:00 Monday. Now it's gone off again, due to return at 18:00 tonight.
Don't bother with the official site giving updates Power Track. It is far from accurate. Luckily Scottish Power have set up camp in the village hall which is just across the road from my old Dad and are providing hot drinks and food, tapes of Vera Lynn, sandbags.
No sign of WRVS or Home Guard standing to as yet...

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Don't get too excited. My Dad (near Fraserburgh) lost all power on Friday night. Restored at 23:00 Monday. Now it's gone off again, due to return at 18:00 tonight.
Don't bother with the official site giving updates Power Track. It is far from accurate. Luckily Scottish Power have set up camp in the village hall which is just across the road from my old Dad and are providing hot drinks and food, tapes of Vera Lynn, sandbags.
No sign of WRVS or Home Guard standing to as yet...

They got absolutely hammered up there from what I gather, whole Banffshire coast is trashed. Waterdrops and Church Halls all open. Lumphanen was completely out of water.

They got absolutely hammered up there from what I gather, whole Banffshire coast is trashed. Waterdrops and Church Halls all open. Lumphanen was completely out of water.
Thankfully he is 92, and has full on Alzheimer's. I think if he knew what was happening, he'd be quite concerned!

It’s lovely here. Quite mild, roads are clear, shelves are stocked. Pays to live in civilisation.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fast as they could, I imagine. The poor bastids were locked in with an Oasis tribute band.

My heart goes out to them.

Ladies and gentlemen, the band has left the building

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
His poo has frozen in place. Maybe some kind of warm rod needs inserting to defrost it.
images.jpeg-1.jpg

Could probably utilise something ala mr bane using this kinda setup? Bit of screw like spare rebar?

I am writing to the council, my bin blew over and no -one has been round to stand it back up...I am miffed I tell you...bloody miffed.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I almost turned the heating on but decided to pop round to someone else’s house instead.

Apologies if this being discussed already, but this the first time I've had a signal in 4 days. Is up here in the land teuchters and sheep are still cut off from power and water, and the rest of the UK (but that's OK, we didn't like you much anyway).

Storm damage is immense, whole plantations 9f spruce and pine have been wiped out. But the buildings are OK, but as @Effendi will tell you, we build proper in this country.

It's not too bad though. We have an Aga, Fireplace, Oil Lamps and a well that I'm lowering buckets into.

Still I'm desperate for a shower, and a shit, I swear I'm going to lay a log that would traumatise a BAOR Veteran at Endex.

Hope you guys are all well. I'll be back here eventually.

Apologies if this is already being discussed, but can't search reliably due to appalling coverage, so Mods, please feel free to move it.
Drink more, and enjoy the down time.
Use the baby wipes if you feel that gross.
Have you started to dig out yet?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Have you had a good sh1t yet?

Asking on behalf of us concerned BAOR mob, as we were wondering how long a log you eventually laid. My personal best was 18 inches.

I had to get the survival knife I use for Gardening to cut it up, it was blocked at the U bend and came up about 2 inches from the rim

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Drink more, and enjoy the down time.
Use the baby wipes if you feel that gross.
Have you started to dig out yet?

Haven't needed to dig, not much in the way of snow. But spent the last 3 days clearing trees from the roads.

Yokel

LE
I recently acquired a free trampoline and wheelie bin with all this free stuff it's just like being in Scotland.

When Wee Nicky controls the wind it brings you a harvest of these things, the evil English/Tory winds are the ones that cause damage.

Haven't needed to dig, not much in the way of snow. But spent the last 3 days clearing trees from the roads.

A wood fire warms you twice. So does vindaloo - and it might help with your blockage.

Latest Threads