How's Modernity Gents

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Apologies if this being discussed already, but this the first time I've had a signal in 4 days. Is up here in the land teuchters and sheep are still cut off from power and water, and the rest of the UK (but that's OK, we didn't like you much anyway).

Storm damage is immense, whole plantations 9f spruce and pine have been wiped out. But the buildings are OK, but as @Effendi will tell you, we build proper in this country.

It's not too bad though. We have an Aga, Fireplace, Oil Lamps and a well that I'm lowering buckets into.

Still I'm desperate for a shower, and a shit, I swear I'm going to lay a log that would traumatise a BAOR Veteran at Endex.

Hope you guys are all well. I'll be back here eventually.

Apologies if this is already being discussed, but can't search reliably due to appalling coverage, so Mods, please feel free to move it.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Apologies if this being discussed already, but this the first time I've had a signal in 4 days. Is up here in the land teuchters and sheep are still cut off from power and water, and the rest of the UK (but that's OK, we didn't like you much anyway).

Storm damage is immense, whole plantations 9f spruce and pine have been wiped out. But the buildings are OK, but as @Effendi will tell you, we build proper in this country.

It's not too bad though. We have an Aga, Fireplace, Oil Lamps and a well that I'm lowering buckets into.

Still I'm desperate for a shower, and a shit, I swear I'm going to lay a log that would traumatise a BAOR Veteran at Endex.

Apologies if this is already being discussed, but can't search reliably due to appalling coverage, so Mods, please feel free to move it.

on the south coast we had flurry of snow that resembled a mild frost. I also had to put a hoody on over my t shirt.
I'm hoping for some kind of compensation.

Tough luck, mucker. Hope it gets sorted soon.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
It could be worse, you could be stranded and snowed-in with a load of total strangers in a boozer for 4 days now.
And they only have 6 weeks worth of stock left.

Poor fcukers.

They have been able to leave for 24 hours now. I don't know how many have though.

Tough luck, mucker. Hope it gets sorted soon.
What he said............ We got of relatively lightly, about 4 in of snow, bloody freezing cold, high winds , that was at the weekend, now today Tuesday snow gone, and relatively warm. we sit at about 450ft above sea level here in middle England, open fields behind us, which can get a bit windy, but triple glazing cushions it a bit. No loss of power as yet, but we do get the occasional power drop, and when the kids lived here, (now all gone), i fitted emergency lighting, and have a small power generator, all still in working order, just in case. :)

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
They will have to drive home, far too piszed to walk it.

When I saw the footage of the snow plough getting there I was hoping for a copper following it with a breathalyser.

It could be worse, you could be stranded and snowed-in with a load of total strangers in a boozer for 4 days now.
And they only have 6 weeks worth of stock left.

Poor fcukers.
They have been able to leave for 24 hours now. I don't know how many have though.
Fast as they could, I imagine. The poor bastids were locked in with an Oasis tribute band.

My heart goes out to them.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fast as they could, I imagine. The poor bastids were locked in with an Oasis tribute band.

My heart goes out to them.

there is a good chance the tribute band were better than the originals

no f in beer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
During 'the storm' i was sat in a Hot tub in deepest,darkest Rutland. i did have to get out to get my own drink, which was a pain.

On the drive back on sunday it did snow, which was pretty.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Op? Why can't you have a shit? Usual place swamped with a bucket of yer well water

You'd think that, I'd happily shit in the woods or a corner of a field if I was out working, or camping. But for some weird reason my bowels give up the ghost when the powers out. Fecking freak that I am.

Probably helps that my body is burning more calories atm, to compensate for the lack of heat

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Op? Why can't you have a shit? Usual place swamped with a bucket of yer well water

His poo has frozen in place. Maybe some kind of warm rod needs inserting to defrost it.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer

Storm damage is immense, whole plantations 9f spruce and pine have been wiped out.
Were they the forests subsidised by the EU Grants per chance ?

Latest Threads