How Your US Navy Career Ends....On TV!

"Shut up and color"???????
'merican to Inglish = Urban Dictionary: shut up and color

In short it means: Shut up and stay within the marked/defined lines.

I respect the bloke for his decision and his actions rather than succumbing to the career guarding pressure from his CoC. Apparently many Navy veterans, and veterans groups, feel the same way and have condemned the actions of all the higher ups involved upto, and including, the Secretary of the Navy.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Which neatly illustrates how toothless the NATO CoC is: national fallback channels, and the need to 'play nicely' with the other nations, will always trump it. Thankfully, Jacko had balls bigger than his eye sacks. Had the Corps level commander been US, the situation, and potential outcome, would have been very different.
The fact that Jackson was himself a graduate level Russian linguist didn't hurt either.

On the current USN fork - if Captain Farragut III chose to take the case to an industrial Tribunal - - which devilish Bolshevist nonsense the Land of the Free has no truck with - his dismissal ,loss of potential earnings and concomitant pension accrual would make a juicy bone for the legal beagles to gnaw over.

The Naval law side of it is clear cut. I doubt the Judge Advocate General is losing any zeds over it.

Last edited:
The fact that Jackson was himself a graduate level Russian linguist didn't hurt either.

On the current USN fork - if Captain Farragut III chose to take the case to an industrial Tribunal - - which devilish Bolshevist nonsense the Land of the Free has no truck with - his dismissal ,loss of potential earnings and concomitant pension accrual would make a juicy bone for the legal beagles to gnaw over.

The Naval law side of it is clear cut. I doubt the Judge Advocate General is losing any zeds over it.
He gets what Trump can only dream of.

To be fair, if I only get half the send off when (if) I’m a CO, then I’ll retire happy. Especially from a command of that size.

It wasn't that he was bypassing his boss down the corridor. He was speaking directly to the Secretary of the Navy and saying one thing, and then in the letter and email, he's saying another. You don't tell SecNav's office in response to a direct question such as "Is there anything else you need" the answer "no", and then fire off an unsecure email about the operational status of one of the eleven most important military assets on the planet. Neither, to SecNav himself (who is an Annapolis graduate) do you say "I'm happy with just the six ventilators I have aboard" and then go and claim that some 50 folks are going to die. This sort of thing doesn't reflect well.

It wasn't that he was bypassing his boss down the corridor. He was speaking directly to the Secretary of the Navy and saying one thing, and then in the letter and email, he's saying another. You don't tell SecNav's office in response to a direct question such as "Is there anything else you need" the answer "no", and then fire off an unsecure email about the operational status of one of the eleven most important military assets on the planet. Neither, to SecNav himself (who is an Annapolis graduate) do you say "I'm happy with just the six ventilators I have aboard" and then go and claim that some 50 folks are going to die. This sort of thing doesn't reflect well.
Of course, that is what SecNav’s Office is saying what happened.

sallyanne09

War Hero
Maj Gen (ret) Paul Eaton on Twitter “...Just watched video of USS Roosevelt crew robust farewell for their CO Captain Crozier, fired for protecting his ship. @SecNav you fit right in with the worst administration in US history. Petty. Corrupt. Sycophantic. Good luck recruiting best and brightest for our great Navy”

who to believe..

a Captain expected to reach high rank with a stellar career to date, or Trumps latest political pet poodle?

Modly has certainly mastered Doublespeak.

“To our commanding officers,” Mr. Modly told reporters on Thursday, “it would be a mistake to view this decision as somehow not supportive of your duty to report problems, request help, protect your crews, challenge assumptions as you see fit.”

Hard call that one. He could have done it deliberately, they could be telling porkies.

And did so on non secure means, thereby informing China that his ship was not combat effective...
They would have worked that out soon enough. Seems he did the right thing, but didn't do the thing right.

And did so on non secure means, thereby informing China that his ship was not combat effective...
Errrr.... not the case. He made the point that his ship was combat effective if necessary, just that he didn't need it necessary to take serious casualties in peacetime. I think the words "No sh!t, Sherlock!" applies to any announcement that one or more USN ships has an outbreak of the virus.

However, it takes a special kind of paranoia to think that the People's Liberation Army is just waiting for that kind of email for their opportunity to launch a sneak attack: "Comrade Xi! The CVN is really ill! Now is our chance!". To take that seriously as an excuse, someone needs to have watched "Red Dawn" a few too many times... (which is probably why there are rednecks parroting it as a justification for sacking the Captain)

I think in the UK it is possibly hard to understand that to some in the US National Security Apparatus there is a belief that China is waiting to do exactly that.

Never mind that it’s a stretch to think the Chinese are stupid enough to actually go kinetic when all they need to do is continue to buy US debt, but that’s the way it goes.

A lot of the pushback I’ve read is how the CO precipitated a complete IO failure by showing the lack of stomach in the USN. The phrase “don’t give up the ship” is a common cry...

Couldn't the USN have pulled him in for a chat sans coffee, read him the riot act behind closed doors and then effed him off chastened and back to his ship with orders to formulate a plan for getting the sick off and into care ? If he was a bright lad, be a waste to lose him.

Latest Threads