How you are after lockdown

I was doing really well having got my fitness level right up in the last 18 months, so was a very clear 1. 20k running a week and three one hour weight sets. Not been that fit for some time.

right hip went ten days ago. I’ve had a niggle for about a year but nothing to cause me concern. Three weeks ago it went and pain level was up at 7/10 with spikes at 9/10. Last week (ish) it went completely two days before we went to Devon…..

I got triaged in a telephone appointment by a physio and sent to a physio clinic for exercise. Five minutes on my back which the physio assessed me and she announced I can’t treat you - you need to be refereed immediately as you have a problem that needs diagnosing….

I’m now popping Codine like smarties and managed to get out walking with the hounds last week on the beach. It’s reasonable to say that was a mistake…….

been up since 0250hrs in complete agony and have managed to get to see a consultant on Wednesday.

exercise now obviously completely gone to pot so Unless I can do upper body and core, but keeping away from glutes and quads, I’m basically knackered.

I’m hoping it dislodged cartridge.
You could try this. I had similar problems, I was a knats knacker away from having a hip replacement. Six months after starting it I had my trainers back on and can now run up to 15ks without pain or discomfort. My hip has since been re-assessed and now doesn't warrant a replacement.

Good luck.

Screenshot_20210802-094006_Chrome.jpg

You could try this. I had similar problems, I was a knats knacker away from having a hip replacement. Six months after starting it I had my trainers back on and can now run up to 15ks without pain or discomfort. My hip has since been re-assessed and now doesn't warrant a replacement.

Good luck.

View attachment 593283

and all you did was take that?

Nothings change for me, I started lockdown a fat cünt and remain a fat cünt.

I’m putting it down as a win.
On the plus side, you're still lighter than you were 20 years ago.

My life hasn't changed too much. I was WFH quite heavily anyway and my phys routine has changed from cardio and weights to more agility/flexibility as I got back into martial arts. It seems a strange time to take up contact sports when contact was so heavily restricted, but I've always been one to stick it to the man*.

*Except the Rasman, of course. I'm not suicidal.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
me. and I'm not John Cleese

Slime

LE
During lockdown I’ve done very little no exercise, and eaten lots of sweets and unhealthy food, so could have put a lot of weight on………….

But also got Covid very badly so lost two stone in weight :)
Certainly more effective weight loss than any TV or fad diet plan :)

kimmi851

War Hero
I didn't change my diet during lockdown, but I had a serious case of failing to walk into a kitchen a few months before hand, the closure of gyms and pools, and the only exercise being possible being walking (and that at fairly short distances, my poor daughter couldn't help me back longer distances if my ankle gave out as it still does periodically) or working out in my sitting room whilst being sat on by a faintly bemused cat, I am now about half a stone up on before. It isn't good, but the pool has reopened and the wound is sealed so I can use it so I hope to lose what I gained as long as I swim 4 times a week.

and all you did was take that?
Yes absolutely just that. It worked an absolute miracle. Even the consultant was astounded.

It's not cheap, about £29.00 a bottle, but sometimes Boots do a 2 for the price of 3 offer, which makes it worth it. Lasts for ages.

I am pain free and back running again since the original flare up during a half marathon in 2013.

Yes absolutely just that. It worked an absolute miracle. Even the consultant was astounded.

It's not cheap, about £29.00 a bottle, but sometimes Boots do a 2 for the price of 3 offer, which makes it worth it. Lasts for ages.

I am pain free and back running again since the original flare up during a half marathon in 2013.

I’ve ordered some. I’m with the orthopaedic bloke on Wednesday….

ta for the suggestion

I’ve ordered some. I’m with the orthopaedic bloke on Wednesday….

ta for the suggestion
Out of curiosity which one have you ordered. I've not used the one with Ginger on it, as shown in the photograph.

Out of curiosity which one have you ordered. I've not used the one with Ginger on it, as shown in the photograph.
I can’t remember. It turns up tomorrow - I’ll let you know

1 (sort of) and 3.

Managed to lose a fair bit of weight but still got a wee bit to go but doubt I'll ever be able to get that snazzy red belt round my waist again. Had got a bit too easy having a beer in the back garden after work, now knocked on the head and restrict drinking to a Friday and Saturday night, don't really drink beer anymore now which has helped a lot with the weight loss.

All in, I've come out of lockdown/COVID happier than I went in. Child number 2 being born gave me a new lease of life.

Latest Threads