How you are after lockdown

Daz

LE
My right knee is buggered from a rugby injury 20 years ago. It's starting to be a bit of a nuisance, but hopefully once I start my new job I'll drop off the Covid kilos and it'll be less pressure on the joint.

I'm not 50 yet so don't want to bugger about with knee replacement stuff.
Bugger, and I thought I look rough for my age :)

Watching the James Martin cookery show today he had Judge Finder as a guest and he mentioned that there are basically three ways of coming out of lockdown, so as restrictions ease what category do you
see yourself as being in? You may choose a combination of 1&3 or 2&3.

1 HUNK - Looked after yo herself well during lockdown, exercised well and ate sensibly.

2. CHUNK - Couch potato with your hand permanently in the biscuit tin.

3. DRUNK - Spent the last 12-18 months drinking to forget - something or ever.

So where do you fit in? Personally I am #2 but claiming #1 if I can't be seen.

2. CHUNK - Couch potato with your hand permanently down your pants asking about uniforms and weapon systems…

Does this count? Probably matches @JWinner and @Maalox

Stabwedge

Old-Salt
Combination of 1&2 (lost four stone) which sounds great but I’ve gone from a really fat bastard to an averagely fat bastard.

Solid 3 at weekends.

My right knee is buggered from a rugby injury 20 years ago. It's starting to be a bit of a nuisance, but hopefully once I start my new job I'll drop off the Covid kilos and it'll be less pressure on the joint.

Not yet 50? Bloody hell!

Worked right through. Had an op for prostate cancer in March (diagnosed out of the blue at Christmas). Just feel "tired" and disconnected. Strange sense of time in that days seem to whizz by and what I thought I did last week was actually three weeks ago which is worrying.

4. I’ve quite enjoyed doing my own thing. Continued employment has been a concern and still is. I’ve been on a significantly reduced salary but not going out has balanced that so I’ve actually managed to save a little bit.

At my last medical I was surprised to find I’d lost a bit of weight but the doc says that’s a function of eating regular meals rather than as and when as well as sleeping regularly and pottering about in the garden rather than spending hours counting wave tops on the Atlantic.

On the B side, my daughter’s mental health has taken a serious kicking.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Put weight on mostly due to not getting out on site (typically 15,000 steps/day if I'm doing a site survey), boredom drinking and not having a daily routine. Lost weight then put it back on again. I don't really get drunk and I don't get hangovers, so drinking is too easy plus my liking for quality malt whisky [I can afford it so why drink rubbish?]

As I am back on the road again, I'm hoping to get more exercise and get rid of the flab. Also cutting down on the drinking. Oh, and we now have a dog [recycled guide dog] so some more walking will help on the exercise front.

Also started to cut down on the drinking and eating.

Mentally, I'm an antisocial sod anyway [that's what SWMBO says] so not suffered as some have, but still struggled for motivation periodically.

I have moderate to severe arthritis in both knees. I'm on meds to ease the pain so I don't have to have them replaced before I retire in 6 years.

2000AD

Old-Salt
Pretty much business as normal here. Started as employed, warned for redundancy, started retraining and doing LGV and CPC courses, eventually made redundant and then re-employed on a temp contract. Looking around at various options for the future.
Health wise a bit ropey but no more so than at the start, chronic abdominal pain and arthritis in various leg joints due to overload from smashing an ankle years ago. Brain wise probably better than before due to giving up on worrying about the future or work cos it's pointless to do so.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
During the first lockdown I managed to lose over 20 kilos, and felt good. Went back to work in the September, broke up for Christmas on 22nd of December and back to work on 4th Jan and straight into another lockdown. I've now been back at work for s couple of months, but was finding walking difficult. Got out of breath easily. A couple of hospital visits later and I now have to have my aortic valve replaced. Should happen in the next couple of weeks. Apart from that, spirits high, very little drinking, as I rarely partake nowadays.

4. I’ve quite enjoyed doing my own thing. Continued employment has been a concern and still is. I’ve been on a significantly reduced salary but not going out has balanced that so I’ve actually managed to save a little bit.

At my last medical I was surprised to find I’d lost a bit of weight but the doc says that’s a function of eating regular meals rather than as and when as well as sleeping regularly and pottering about in the garden rather than spending hours counting wave tops on the Atlantic.

On the B side, my daughter’s mental health has taken a serious kicking.

Sorry to hear that; my daughter has been struggling too, although she now seems to be getting back on track.

Sorry to hear that; my daughter has been struggling too, although she now seems to be getting back on track.
Mine’s still in hospital although progressing fairly well. Best wishes to HM Jr.

Latest Threads