How would you redesign NATO - if at all?

Has NATO expanded too far?

• Yes

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Maybe, but it should stop where it is

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
"the Americans in, the Russians out, and the Germans down..."

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
I don’t think we have to worry about German militarism these days. The French are helping the Russians and parts of America are still trying to keep the alliance intact.

On the bright side despite the hatred for Trump, he is getting the military budgets increased far better then his predecessors.

ugly

LE
Are you sure? Where did the Coffee come from? Was Coffee available before Tea?
This

We should be drinking real ale and punching our way through the enemy needed or not!

All hail the ale!

All the more reason to let them get on with it
Not really as there are some unwelcome possibilities, a) it spreads to the rest of the Balkans, b) Russia gets an excuse to join in, on either side.

ugly

LE
Not really as there are some unwelcome possibilities, a) it spreads to the rest of the Balkans, b) Russia gets an excuse to join in, on either side.
Sit back and sell arms

Europe has forgotten what NATO was all about. They can pretend to have an Army but when push comes to shove seven hundred years of daftness says they couldn't make a decent cup of tea as a team.

Europe has forgotten what NATO was all about. They can pretend to have an Army but when push comes to shove seven hundred years of daftness says they couldn't make a decent cup of tea as a team.
See? I told you all it's the brews that count...:)

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Having read this thread I now see that NATO does seem to have its priorities wrong.
It seems we should re-configure the entire organisation to defend the centre of gravity - Fortnum & Mason.

Justin Trudeau’s hot mike comments, their financial contribution, and Canadian tardiness over their decision whether or not to participate in the F-35 alliance has done little for their standing in NATO.

NATO has stood for many years as a meaningful alliance against Soviet aggression, threats and belligerent behaviour. These have not gone away, and the world remains an uncertain place.

Treating NATO as a joke, or not to be taken as a serious obligation would seem to have crept in like some mould amongst certain countries, and by one supposed member, as a foe.

A sad state of affairs, certainly no joking matter, and when the crap hits the fan there will be regrets.

Last edited:
Justin Trudeau’s hot mike comments, their financial contribution, and Canadian tardiness over their decision whether or not to participate in the F-35 alliance has done little for their standing in NATO.

NATO has stood for many years as a meaningful alliance against Soviet aggression, threats and belligerent behaviour. These have not gone away, and the world remains an uncertain place.

Treating NATO as a joke, or not to be taken as a serious obligation would seem to have crept in like some mould amongst certain countries, and by one supposed member, as a foe.

A sad state of affairs, certainly no joking matter, and when the crap hits the fan there will be regrets.
Well I bet Merkel is glad that Justin and Macron drew Trump's ire this trip.

But hey Canada is going to be investing a big chunk of change getting it closer to the 2 percent mark. I would call that progress.

Latest Threads