How would you ease prison overcrowding?

#2
Too soft... how about this:
 

Attachments

#4
#5
Anyone seen anything of the Brits behind bars series?
Link

Living in these conditions might help with the over crowding thing...

The place actually reminds me of camp south in Oman!

:)

PS the guy on the video gobbed off big stylleee before going in saying he was gonna show the yanks what a real hard brit prisoner was all about....then wanted to crawl up his own arrse from the moment he got in there....Nonce
 
#6
daily issue of Sennacot 4 tablets stat...then (4) qds..followed by a high bowel irrigation.....never fails... excellent for movement!!!!
 
#8
bigbird67 said:
bring back hanging???
Make it a pay per view event and it won't even cost the tax payer anything. It could even turn a profit.
 
#9
They could always start with deporting those that aren't British nationals, and paying the country that takes them back to house them in their prisons. Those that have been jailed for child abuse should be hung.
Those that are lifers should be sent to devils island or a place very much the same made to live of the land to get by.

The problem is they all have rights and the victims have pain. Somethings not right.
 
#10
theoriginalphantom said:
bigbird67 said:
bring back hanging???
Make it a pay per view event and it won't even cost the tax payer anything. It could even turn a profit.
They could get a lottery grant to keep them in rope! Chumpy knows where to get some dead good stuff like what 'they' use...
 
#11
Build more prisons.

Improve crime detection rates.

Jail more offenders, as an example to potential offenders.

Make their families pay for their board & lodging, as in the 18th century.
 
#12
hitback said:
They could always start with deporting those that aren't British nationals, and paying the country that takes them back to house them in their prisons. Those that have been jailed for child abuse should be hung.
Those that are lifers should be sent to devils island or a place very much the same made to live of the land to get by.

The problem is they all have rights and the victims have pain. Somethings not right.
Problem is there are brits in prison overseas and we would have to take them back :x.

YOU WANT US TO PAY FOR THEM TO BE HOUSED IN A FORGEIN COUNTRY?????????

Bring back the idi amin style of sledge hamer and the promise of freedom :wink:
 
#14
caubeen said:
Jail more offenders, as an example to potential offenders.

Make their families pay for their board & lodging, as in the 18th century.
Allways liked the "pay as you do bird" idea. :D

Also we need to get away from crime and justice and move to crime and punishment. i.e. if someone is murdered or mugged or assaulted you just pick up the nearest scrote and send them down for the prescribed term. the fear of being dragged away would result in a reduction in crime eventually as anyone with a record would be so sh*t scared of getting the tug that they would be activly seeking a redemption fron the authority's and would grass up the real culprits.......possibly....who cares eventually no crime! :twisted:

"...and this is room 101....." god what a good book.
 

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
#16
Come on your suggestions are appalling, we are a civilised western nation
we owe it to our citizens to find a humane solution. We should pity criminals not punish them with prison. Studies have consistently shown that prison does not work to effectively rehabilitate criminals, it simply alienates them further from society.
No prison is no answer at all, I work day in day out with these kids. They need our help......
Labour camps on remote Scottish islands,that is the answer.No walls just dogs, guards and hard time.They can break rocks,grow trees, cut timber,wear what they can make and get parole when their victims say they have suffered enough. If of course those victims are still alive.
For a second offence no such luxury will be offered.
 
#17
murderer - hang him, thief - hang him, tax dodger - hang him, illegal immigrant - hang him, wife batterer - hang him, tax dodger - hang him... you see where I am coming from and certainly where I am going with this
 
#20
JINGO said:
Come on your suggestions are appalling, we are a civilised western nation
we owe it to our citizens to find a humane solution. We should pity criminals not punish them with prison. Studies have consistently shown that prison does not work to effectively rehabilitate criminals, it simply alienates them further from society.
No prison is no answer at all, I work day in day out with these kids. They need our help......
Labour camps on remote Scottish islands,that is the answer.No walls just dogs, guards and hard time.They can break rocks,grow trees, cut timber,wear what they can make and get parole when their victims say they have suffered enough. If of course those victims are still alive.
For a second offence no such luxury will be offered.
Point one
Problem with that is if its a second offence then they would have to go to normal prison which is luxury compared with most peoples standard of living, great incentive to do more crime isnt it...

Point two
Pity the little darlings, its that sort of shite that has led us to where we are now.

Point three

Make the crime fit the punishment - ie. An eye for an eye. FULL STOP.
 

Latest Threads

Top