ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

How will the Ukraine war end?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Mar 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Rebels win,Eastern Ukraine goes independent

80 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. Putin invades Kiev, NATO doesn't move

42 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Putin invades Kiev, NATO fights Russia

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Rebels lose, Ukraine stays united

25 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. For me it is not so important. Correct, elegant proof of a theorem remains proof no matter who and why has found the solution of the problem. His/her race, faith, ethnical background are irrelevant.
    Interesting correct news, facts, observations, thoughts, versions are valuable for me no matter who and for what reason proposes them.
    My attempts to appeal to the common sense are resultless while for 'muti-faced' Putin's propagandist I use call Putin's regime corrupted too frequently.

2. Can we lock this thread as it's no longer on topic and is frankly mostly bots and trolls arguing with each other

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. They started it.

Mind you in note that @YarS hasn't responded. Must be in a state of shock that a fellow Russian thinks he's a Ukrainian.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Agreed. However, have a look at your posting of exemplary English on the Barcelona thread and then here. There's numerous other examples.

If 77X did have a unit similar to the Russian troll factories it would be full of 'experts' with a 'knowledgeable' view on everything, much like the 'troll factories' but always pushing (in 77X case), a pro Brit/NATO slant. There are posters who are 'experts' on a variety of things but seem to push an 'anti US' agenda much like the troll factories. As such, I don't believe 77X have the equivalent of the troll factories and if they did, they don't post here. If they are, they're pretty poor imo.

Having said that, my knowledge on 77X is limited based on what is in the press and having talked to an old friend on Ex last year who was/is in it.
    Must admit, I've never noticed you agree on anything which shows Russian forces in a bad light. Putin and his govt yes but not on Russian actions that I've seen, especially with regard to MH17/Ukraine as this is one of the relevant threads.
    Until Russia has a corrupt free opposition that appeals to nationalists, I'm not sure you will ever find a party to support.

5. Just get stuffed

6. No.

It keeps them off the streets and it can be classed as social activity. If they were not on they would be under a bridge doing cheap vodka or drugs. We are providing a social service to the Russian people.

7. Exemplary English? You joke. One needs to live in English speeking environment for years to have exemplary English (with typical mistakes of native English speakers).
    I have my own point of view and write exactly what I do think.
    I wrote previously about former minister of defence mr.Serdyukov. He is a crook and corrupted person.
    As for MH17 then we have only allegations at hands. For me it is 50/50 situation.
    As for Ukraine then Ukrainian people and current ruling elite are two different matters.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  8. My bad, I misquoted. It was mentioned as an improvement: Terror attack Barcelona, 2017 which I agree with.

Nothing to be achieved by labouring the point though imo.

9. Russian court rejects Siemens' plea to seize its turbines in Crimea
    Ongoing with the Siemens generators in Crimea. Apparently a Russian Court has refused to allow them to be seized at an injunction before preliminary hearings next month:

10. Another of those short term gains that could have long term consequences. What happens if Siemens shuts up shop in Russia followed by other high tech western companies.

NY Times

11. Kremlin aide upbeat after first meeting with U.S. envoy for Ukraine
    Surkov and Volker have met and according to Interfax it was positive exploring different avenues for peace:

12. U.S. Defense Secretary says Russia trying to redraw borders by force
    Mattis talking tough but stopping short of lethal aid:

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  14. Two threads (there's more but these are the primary ones) about the same thing. Both started by Putin bots:
    Chronicles of war in Ukraine
    How will the Ukraine war end?

As this seems to be the current one ............

EU agrees to extend blacklist on Russians over Ukraine turmoil
    EU extending for six months its blacklist. The sanctions remain in place until review in January 2018:
    Germany says Putin move on U.N. peacekeepers in Ukraine a 'step'
    Vlad has said that he thinks armed UN peacekeepers in E Ukraine would be a good idea. Methinks he'll set the criteria and all of a sudden there'll be some Russians wearing blue berets and stripey t-shirts:
    It's a step, but there's a long way to go:
    Putin warns U.S. not to supply Ukraine with defensive weapons
    Supplying defensive weapons apparently fuels the conflict. I'd've thought sending your regular and SF into E Ukraine did more to fuel the conflict personally:
    The (not so) veiled threat:
    Ref the proposed UN Peacekeepers mentioned abouve: