ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

How will the Ukraine war end?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Mar 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Rebels win,Eastern Ukraine goes independent

81 vote(s)
    52.3%
  2. Putin invades Kiev, NATO doesn't move

42 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Putin invades Kiev, NATO fights Russia

8 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Rebels lose, Ukraine stays united

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Why?

It was their bad work.

I'm repeating my question: do you really think, that radical nationalists are not even theoretical threat? Look at modern Ukraine and think about it, pls. Nationalism is an infection - menthal and social. Healthy body is fighting against infection. It's normal. Is social immunité is weak - disease starts.
    0,8 M₽/month. Not very big. I have 0,2 M₽/month + bonuses + "halturka".
    And yes, envie is one of the deadly sins.
    Fair politics? Are you kidding? Even fairy politics on Avalon island are not fair.
    From my point of view there are a good and proffesional team. May be (from my point of view) exept Mutko. Industry production is increasing, agrucultural production - also, life longitude - also. There are no seriouse f-ckups. May be, somebody able to work better on their places, but I don't know such guys.

2. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Of course, I know more that you. How many aborigenes (from Ireland to China) were genocided by British liberals?

No. Mandatory sign of fascism is nationalism. Russian autoritarism was international at least from Rurik times. You race, nationality, religion - does not matter at all. Only that matter is a loyality to the leader. And yes, fidelity here is mutual.
    Depends from definition of this term. If you mean just geografical term - most of Russians are Europeans. If you mean cultural or ideological meaning - of course "No!" As Kipling wrote -"Let it be clearly understood that the Russian is a delightful person till he tucks in his shirt. As an Oriental he is charming. It is only when he insists upon being treated as the most easterly of western peoples instead of the most westerly of easterns that he becomes a racial anomaly extremely difficult to handle. The host never knows which side of his nature is going to turn up next."
    From my personal point of view we are not West, we are not East. We are North - independent and selfsufficient civilisation.

Sure. And its good.

Why do you repeat bad words about cabbage? Do you have any problems with the "bubble and squeak" or something like it?

I can give you a list of famouse balds. And what? Will it mean, that alopecia is not an illness, but a "barber orientation"?

3. You have no idea as to what I know or don't know.

You tell me. Provide figures with historical context please?

So you agree then. Forget Rurik's times. Turn the dial a bit on modern Russia's authoritarianism, add nationalism and you're on the way to fascism. You already have the elements of nationalism within the Kremlin, gov't and society.
    Blah blah. If you are this side of the Urals and Caucasus you're in Europe.

And an element of fascism. And not everyone likes to live in an authoritarian state.

Pot kettle? Because you have kapusta for brains. You're quite free with your own derogatory terms you yollop.

In men, baldness is a normal occurrence. How can it be an illness? You don't go to the barber to get alopecia.

Again, you'll need to figure out genetics and pre-disposition.

And my point is, being gay or a lesbian or a bisexual is just one of those things. Some people are born with it, and Russia's had and still has it's fair share of them. Your problem is, if I understand you correctly, that you don't accept people being open about it and society accepting it.

4. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Are you sure, my little optimistic friend?

Much more thet Top-10 of dictorships together.

Read books, my little ignorant friend.
    No. It's not our way to forget a history.

Blah-blah-blah... Howl on the moon, jackal.

As I said earlier - only in geografical meaning.

Ha! So, they can go in the lands of freedom and democracy...

Hair loss - Wikipedia

No. I think that somebodies illness is his own problem until he don't try to infect others. So, homosexual propaganda (especially for children and teenagers) is somekind of diversion like adding anti-hear toxins in shampoo.

5. The key word here is - radical. I understand it as usage of violence, terror to reach political objectives, as denial of rights of others to express their views, as promotion of idea of racial, national superiority.
    Indeed in Ukraine we see namely radical nationalists but it doesn't mean that all nationalists are radical, not at all. I position myself as ordinary nationalist. It means that national interests are paramount, that Power must act in the interests of the Russians and not only ethnical Russians but all Russians. In other words I'm Russian patriot and I proud to be a patriot.
    Mr.Dyoumushkin is not a radical nationalist at all.
    Yes salary of Russian MPs is 800,000 Roubles per month = 9,600,000 Roubles per year = 125,390 Pounds per year.
    Let's compare. Salaries of British MPs is 74,962 Pounds. Salaries of Russian MPs are 67% higher.
    At the same time are Russian MPs true patriots? I doubt that all of them. Let's recall mr.Voronenkov and mrs Maksakova that fled to Ukraine.
    As Russian patriot I believe that MPs, ministers, high raknked officials must not have real estate, property abroad. Dual citizenship should be forbidden.
    But many Russian MPs, their close relatives have property abroad. They should be fired or have to leave their chairs.
    Recently deputy chairman of Central Bank mr.Pozdyshev fled to France and reportedly he has also French citizenship. Russian Power to Russia also means that those at Power must not have second or third passport. They must be only citizens of Russia. Maybe you disagree?

6. I thought so. You have no answers and reverted to stupid. Typical. Steamed kapusta brain has become even more of a yollop.

• Like Like x 1
  7. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Russian Wiki determine radical as "marginal", "uncompromissed", commitment to some ideas. Do you know somebody more marginal that Demuskin? If no - he is a radical. When he is imprissoned - somebody other will be "marginal" and radikal.
    In any group are centrists, and in any group are marginal. Ukrainian radikals - burn men and women alive. Russian radicals made banners "Russian power for Russia".
    All is relative.

Sure. As 99% of population. Even Navaliy positioning himself as a "Patriot" and a "Nationalist".
    Do you know somebody more radical?

Britain is a poor country (in natural meaning). They have no even their own ballistic missiles production.

Term "true patriot" is a something from "fuzzy logic". Who will determine whi is "true" or "false". Who love Russia more - Demushkin, Medvedev or Sergey Brin? Love is uncountable thing.

Foreign property is not only defence for in-Russia political games. It also can be used for recon or political influence in other countries
    Are you sure, that he is not Putins agent, who will secretly influence on French politic?
    Sure. Second or third passport can be used in other countries for the profit of Russia.

8. Preserved for future reference ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Let's return to the theme of the thread. So how will the Ukraine war end?
    It depends in big degree on internal political processes in Russia. Political model that exists in Russia is not attractive for the Ukrainians (even for many pro-Russian Ukrainians). Political system in Russia is ugly, is based on corruption, falsified elections. Yes, political environment in Ukraine maybe is more ugly but it doesn't matter.
    Only if Russia will become a state with fast developing economy, with law and order, with low corruption, with fair elections, with social justice, modern healthcare and education system ... only then Russia would be attractive model for the Ukrainians.

As for @YarS then likely he is just a Ukrainian who pretends to be Russian to expose the Russians in a negative light.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. It was interesting though. Probably better on your 'dedicated' thread.
    Maybe, although it clearly hasn't occurred to you they may want to go their own way.
    Not from what I've read. Happy to be proven wrong but for me @YarS represents one end (not the furthest, but near there) of your society, hence the reason for capturing the text.

A bit like you mentioning Nazi's in Ukraine

11. Russia had that chance. But hey ho, they blew it

Nah, I don't think so, not from how he posted.

12. Or he's a sock-puppet account who belongs to several other posters jointly. Plenty of that takes place elsewhere on this site so it wouldn't exactly be a novelty.

The only people who can claim to be sure one way or the other are the people who operate the sock-puppet account, or Yars himself - if he really exists.

13. It is possible but most likely that @YarS is just an individual who hates Russia, the Russians and tries to create caricature image of a Russian.
    @YarS claims that his salary is 200,000 Roubles (per month) and also he has additional work (khalturka), additional incomes. At the same time salary of generals in Russia range from 110,000 (Major-General) to 200,000 (top military commanders)
    I strongly doubt. It would be more logical to for such group of posters to create several accounts.

Btw, many here still believe that I'm not just a modest Russian engineer but the whole group of Putin's propagandists.

I also could make some allegations. For example, our friend @scalieback could be just a common nick-name for a group of Reuters journalists. He (they) always refer to Reuter's articles, try to promote Reuters as a first class news-source that it too far from the reality.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. He could be any of those things. However, most likely he is a strong nationalist Russian that believes your agitprop. if you read his posts here and the other forums he inhabits, he posts the same, just gets drunk a lot.
    You know the principle reason why I started to post Reuters articles. I don't always use them though. Sky for example is what I have on at home and picks up some news stories quicker than Reuters imx, albeit they (Reuters) probably look for confirmation from other sources.