ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

How will the Ukraine war end?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skylog, Mar 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Rebels win,Eastern Ukraine goes independent

83 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Putin invades Kiev, NATO doesn't move

43 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Putin invades Kiev, NATO fights Russia

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Rebels lose, Ukraine stays united

26 vote(s)
    16.3%
  1. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Plungering of Russian churches by British soldiers is a fact. Who was beneficiar - I dunno, and it's doesn't matter for me.

2. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Why not?

3. Keep guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Just for lulz:
    New Ukrainian unmanned vechicle "Phantom-2".

5. In the big scheme of things, how does that compare to plundering of Russian churches by Russians?
    Quite a popular pastime under the Soviets I recall.
    Along with the mass murder of the clergy.

6. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Plungering of Russian churches by Russians - it's our own business. Plungering by foreings is a plungering of Russia.

7. But you have a useless toy of a parliament. May as well dispense with it and save the salaries.

As for leaders, yes autocrats and dictators can be leaders. Doesn't make them the best leaders.

So you were wrong. It's not NATO policy.

And unlike Russia, you are allowed to have a variety political views provided you operate within the law which proscribes and bans extremist views, speeches and actions. And if you ever see hard right wingers demonstrate here, you'll get the antifascist movement demonstrating against them too.
    No it doesn't. You're mixing up popularity ratings with democracy. As Putin admitted, you have a manged democracy, which means he fixes the results.

How about finding out which areas suffered from death by starvation in the USSR during 1931 - 33. Were they concentrated in one area or spread throughout the USSR.

8. You live in a fanciful pre-collapse of Russian Empire view of the world. Are you a follower of Dugin and his fellow believers?

What is now Ukraine was at various times at the borders of Grand Duchy of Moscow, Greater Russia, the Commonwealth of Poland and Lithuania, Austro Hungary, etc., etc.,

Now Russia and Ukraine are two separate countries. History has moved on. And you are on Ukraine's border to the east.

Maybe. Doubt it. They did become separate states to avoid killing each other. So I can't see re-integration working. But who knows. You're obviously an expert on everything so go and speak to them and outline your proposal.

You may wish to check what the Bengalis would want to do as well.

9. But how would oligarchs and mafia bosses get immunity from the law without the fig leaf of public "service" in the Duma?

10. Plundering of Berlin is the German's affair. Plundering it by Soviets is plundering by foreigners.

upload_2017-7-27_12-59-49.png
    upload_2017-7-27_13-0-11.png

Attached Files:

11. Just do what they normally do, and ignore the laws until it suits them. They'll think of something.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yet most of the stuff plundered by Russians was sold overseas to finance the early years of Communism.
    So, your complaint still makes no sense.
    Not only is it based on a ludicrous unproven theory that there was an organised looting of Russian churches, the end result would have been that the churches would have been deliberately destroyed by Russians and what was not burnt would have been sold for peanuts to Western collectors anyway.
    Net result is the same.

Although our souvenir hunters might have taken something because they were civilized enough to value it, and the Russians would have burnt it because they were barbarian enough not to.

13. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Past and Future are same.
    He is very clever man, but not.

No. History is moving on. And Ukraine will return to Russia soon.

14. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Sure. But we were enemies, not allies.

15. YarS

YarS On ROPs

Thank you. It's a cool sample of British outlook. I'll save and use it in discussions with our Westophiles.